Brewer Fanatic

09/14/2007 Cincinnati (Shearn) at Milwaukee (Sheets) 7:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh well, at least we didn't go down without a fight. As if this even needs to be said, but we need to take these next 2 since it doesn't look like the Cardinals are going to be helping us out at all. Just stings to lose at home when you have your ace out there.

On a side note, when Yost pinch ran for Estrada, did anyone see Estrada a bit later talked to Prince, Prince kind of shook his head in a no fashion, then Estrada starting whispering in his ear about something...I don't expect a player to be happy when he gets taken out, but I really hope he wasn't complaining to Prince, pinch running there was the right call.

On a side note, when Yost pinch ran for Estrada, did anyone see Estrada a bit later talked to Prince, Prince kind of shook his head in a no fashion, then Estrada starting whispering in his ear about something...I don't expect a player to be happy when he gets taken out, but I really hope he wasn't complaining to Prince, pinch running there was the right call.

Yeah, especially when Stocker easily stole and the guy who replaced Johnny hit a 2 R HR in the 9th. Johnny would have popped out on the first pitch

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I just got back from the game....ugh. Between Sheets' bad outing, pitching Stetter instead of Shouse, and Mench turning into Chuckie Carr in the 9th, it was not the most pleasant of evenings, to put it mildly. I need a beer, but I'm out of them, and thank you Wisconsin lawmakers, I can't go buy one at this time of night.

EDIT: I was wondering if there was any news on Sheets in the IGT (haven't read the main boards yet) but my dad and I both watched him after each inning...he set his glove and hat down and went straight up the tunnel to the clubhouse...we wondered if he was sick tonight. He struggled to get velocity on his fastball and was pretty fidgety on the mound.

I just got home from the game. Sheets had already given up his runs by the time we got in the stadium (traffic was awful, lol), so we didn't get to see him pitch. Capuano pitched really well. It looked like the team was all trying to hit 6 run HR's against Shearn and Guardado for a while there. Ned tried to get cute with Stetter and it backfired. Not to say that one move alone lost us the game, but it sure didn't help. If he wanted a guy to face lefties in a semi-close game, that's what we have Shouse and King for. It was nice to see Rivera get a HR. I met Vinny Rottino after the game, nice guy.

Hopefully we can get that 1.5 game back tomorrow.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was at the game and a few thoughts came up.

1. Sheets wasn't looking good. And there were a few pretty good swings. Dunn's ball (and I was in section 406) didn't look at all like he hit it hard enough to get out, but it did.

2. For as bad as Sheets was, Cappy was just the opposite. That's the Cappy we all have come to know and love. He really was dialed in. Could sure use more like that either in place of Bush or from the BP.

3. There were a few questionable managerial moves, but the guys are paid to produce. My wife how much money Linebrink made when they brought him in. She went to college with him. I wasn't exactly sure, but I said I thought it was about a million dollars a season. She says, they pay him that much to get 2 outs? I said, yep. They sure had opportunities last night to really earn their money, and they didn't.

4. In spite of missing opportunities, it still was a fun game, and I never really thought we were out of it. Rivera's homer put some energy back into the crowd, at least for 3 more pitches.

5. Estrada had a couple of chance to throw guys out, had his throws been up or on the bag. I was surprised that the Reds didn't keep running more througout the game. Why not? He couldn't throw me out and I'm fat and slow!

Archived