Brewer Fanatic

The Beer Thread: 2007 – 2008

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loosened up the purse-strings for some Big Sky Brewing Co.'s Moose Drool Brown Ale. I was surprised to see it only got a B at beeradvocate.com. I love this beer -- and it's called Moose Drool!

Nutty, peat-ey (if you know what peat smells like) flavor, without being overwhelming -- or even as strong as the New Glarus Fat Squirrel (Nut Brown Ale). Dark, chocolate-ey color. This is a good 'chewing' beer, if you know what I mean -- and I don't mean that it's as powerful as a porter. Very nice to drink. My personal grade for this one is a B+ / A-

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think I saw the whale. I could only get a quick picture before it disappeared.

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/970354d76ba48fd724ff8202cbbf6ec2adeffd9.pjpg

Edit: Crap, double post.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I will let you know what I think of it after I have a few. I found it in Madison at Woodmans on the east side. On Corporate Drive I think.

I gave PeavyFury such a hard time about it, that I had to give it a try.

I blame Wang.

Only my 2nd time in Woodmans ever.

Well the first thing that came to mind when I took a drink of the Blonde was Corona. Not to bad. I think I will stick with the weiss though.

I blame Wang.

Well the first thing that came to mind when I took a drink of the Blonde was Corona. Not to bad. I think I will stick with the weiss though.
Congrats on the whale, Ahab, er Logan. Too bad it wasn't worth the search.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Last week I stopped and finally picked up a sixer of Hacker Pschorr's Dunkle Weiss. Excellent. Better than that, in fact. I've read alot of how many weiss' beers have a bubblegum taste to them, and even a little root beer. Well, this is the first that I could really taste them, and that only happened after I let it sit for an hour or so. Really, really good. Better than their regular Weisse? Not sure, I don't think so, but it's close.

You know I was thinking, yes I have a headache now, wouldn't it be nice if beer in stores was arranged like wine. I know it would be a little more difficult since there are many varieties of beer, but like wine, people seem to have certain preferences of beer types. I would love to be able to go into a store and go to the weiss section and pick out a beer. You would find my wife by the porters and stouts.

I blame Wang.

I just had a banner come up on ESPN.com for "Bud Light Lime." I can't say I'll try it, as I can't stand BL, but either way seems is if they are not going to let Miller walk with the Chill.
Saw that too, although not at ESPN. Figured it wouldn't be long. Heck, the lime might actually make it palatable. But then again, proally not. For some sick reason, I'm starting to look forward to Miller Lite Brewers Collection. I'm fairly sure they won't be anything special, but hopefully interesting.

I just wanted to give a shout-out today for Stoudt's Maibock. 'Tis the season to be seasonal, I guess. Stoudt's is a PA beer which, I think, does a great job with lagers and pilsners (and what is a pilsner if not a uber-lager?), but the Maibock is a nice malty springtime treat.

http://img.myyearbook.com/zenhex/images/quiz8/35074/res4.jpg

Ba-puh da-baaaaah!

I finally found it! Kona Brewing Co.!!! More specifically, Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale! Put that in your pipe & smoke it, EdgarDiazRocks!

Another one where I can't believe the grade it got at beeradvocate.com (B). This is one of my all-time favorites. Mmmm.... delicious. I wish it were readily available in WI, so it wasn't just some random beer that most BF.net people probably will never have. Oh well -- more for me!

(editor's note: I have no idea why I just called out EDR... he introduced me to this beer, after all. Oh well, off to taunt him in the thread title...)

Tried New Belgium's Springboard Ale. I probably agree with beeradvocate's 'B' grade. It's a blond ale (take that, Grolsch!) with a dry finish, limited aftertaste, & mild flavor. Worth the try, as it packs a punch for a light-looking beer -- 6.2% ABV. This seems like a beer that'd be great for a hot summer day of outdoors-ness (ie grilling).

Nowhere near as awesome as the Fire Rock, but what is?

I finally found it! Kona Brewing Co.!!! More specifically, Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale! Put that in your pipe & smoke it, EdgarDiazRocks!
The place I went for happy hour last night had it on tap. Suck on that, tree boy. I eschewed it anyway for the Boundary Bay IPA. I had theDeschutes Hop Henge IPA last wekend and it was good. I'll give it a B+. Slightly better was the Full Sail Nut Brown (A-), but I think I'm one of the few guys who really enjoys Browns. The Midnight Sun Kodiak Brown is brewed two block away from the house I grew up in (in an old taxidermy studio no less) and is always a sentimental favorite. Right now my fridge is packed with Alaskan Summer Ale. DEEELICH!

The place I went for happy hour last night had it on tap. Suck on that, tree boy.

Why, why must you own me? I mean, you even got the 'tree boy' in there. Your favorite band sucks.

Archived