Brewer Fanatic

I am not the only one looking forward to Halo 3

logan82

Found this quote sort of amusing, but not surprising.

But he did take a small step forward this week, resuming competition in "Halo," a video game popular with some Brewers that has been played throughout the system for years. Brewers in adjoining hotel rooms hook their televisions together so more players can get in the game.

"It's probably good rehab," Parra joked. "'Halo 3' is coming out in a couple weeks, so I have to be ready."

Is anybody else looking forward to this game?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played Halo 2 alot, but it lost it's value to me once playing online became impossible, cheaters, quitters, 'derankers' or whatever it was, getting crappy maps over and over.

I probably won't even buy Halo 3.

It is cool that the Brewers play in the hotel though, probably would be a blast. I wonder who is the best.

I played Halo 2 alot, but it lost it's value to me once playing online became impossible, cheaters, quitters, 'derankers' or whatever it was, getting crappy maps over and over.

I probably won't even buy Halo 3.

It is cool that the Brewers play in the hotel though, probably would be a blast. I wonder who is the best.

Yeah I hate those guys along with the team killers(surethat is what you meant by derankers). They have a feedback system on Xbox360 which I hope will eliminate playing with those kinds of idiots.

I am actually most looking forward to online coop. I think you can have up to 4 players at a time in coop.

I blame Wang.

I think the multi player could be fun if you played with 15 people you knew, but when you are playing with people you don't know it is a lot less fun. Much more fun when you have a team that has good teamwork.

I blame Wang.

• 2 weeks later...

The only review I saw was Famitsu, which is a Japanese magazine. I only saw a report on it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162943

I have to say the Halo 3 commercials are actually interesting. Maybe I am just getting a little over excited.

I blame Wang.

I thought the sword was left in, but was given a charge meter so it had limited use. My major concern is being able to avoid quitters and the like. People on Halo 2 multiplayer took way to many liberties with the fact they were operating in annonimity.

I took a day off of work at the end of the week so I can start playing a day earlier. Well that and there is no way I am getting any work done next week if the Brewers are as close to the division lead as we are right now. I am looking forward to 3:00am Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

I blame Wang.

I stand corrected on the sword. I talked to some tool at gamestop last night and he said he swore it would not be in multiplayer, but if it were to be, it should have a meter. I looked it up some more, and you're right. I'll be sure not to listen to some 17 year old noob next time. Anyways, nothing beats 8 on 8 Blood Gulch CTF, or any multiplayer R v.s. B for that matter. The whole idea of more than two teams was not fun imo. Last year in the dorms it seemed twice a week we'd play Halo 1 for 3-4 hours a night and no matter how pissed off we got at each other, we kept going back to it. I've already been over to the dorms once this year to play. I

The only thing that worries me about this game is that they might have spent to much time on the multiplayer and not enough on the campaign mode. Playing games online is fun, but I still buy games to play alone for the most part.

I blame Wang.

Yeah I kind of suck at multiplayer, but still have fun as long as I don't play with team killers and the like. By the way I found a review of Halo 3 for anyone interested.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/821/821911p1.html

Another review.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3163125&sec=REVIEWS

I blame Wang.

Archived