Brewer Fanatic

09/12/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Pittsburgh (Gorzelanny) 11:35 am CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be nice to win a game the anti-2007 way: Give them the early lead, then hold them off the scoreboard, and get back into the game and win it late (especially on the road).

What's that we did that? When? Saturday, on the road at Cincinnati? Oh, we'll lets be greedy and get 2 that way. Make up the umpteenth times that it seemed to happen to Brewers in the past 3-4 months.

I'd be nice to win a game the anti-2007 way: Give them the early lead, then hold them off the scoreboard, and get back into the game and win it late (especially on the road).

What's that we did that? When? Saturday, on the road at Cincinnati? Oh, we'll lets be greedy and get 2 that way. Make up the umpteenth times that it seemed to happen to Brewers in the past 3-4 months.

I think the law of averages would tell you that this should eventually start happening more for us. If we could only be so lucky today!

I am a supporter of Bush but today's outing was not very good. Going up against their ace, you have to do better than giving up 4 runs in 5 innings. Anything more than 2 runs in 6 innings by Bush today, I would be disappointed. I guess I wasn't really expecting to win this game anyways but it would have been nice he he kept us in the game. Hopefully we can get to the bullpen.

Vargas was pitching pretty well before the back prob. If he can hold on and can get Gorzo out of there...we've got a shot.

That might be the key right there, the Pirates don't have much that scares you in middle relief. If they could have gotten him to throw more than 6 pitches in the 6th, maybe they would have pinch-hit for him in the bottom of the inning, and now we'd be looking at Torres or Grabow.

Archived