Brewer Fanatic

09/12/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Pittsburgh (Gorzelanny) 11:35 am CDT

phatmatt1215
And, Hall should have benn hit for in the 8th. If they put a left in, let Vinny hit. He makes contact.

Sometimes I wonder if the hamster running in Ned's head gets tired in the latter parts of the game.

Good call. Get an automatic out for having a guy hit, that was already used in the game. At least Ned has a hamster in his head.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif I love how people say what should have been done, and this is the 2nd person to suggest a pinch hitter be used, that had been used previously. If you're going to rip a decision, at least suggest a plausible solution.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, Hall should have benn hit for in the 8th. If they put a left in, let Vinny hit. He makes contact.

Sometimes I wonder if the hamster running in Ned's head gets tired in the latter parts of the game.

Good call. Get an automatic out for having a guy hit, that was already used in the game. At least Ned has a hamster in his head.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif I love how people say what should have been done, and this is the 2nd person to suggest a pinch hitter be used, that had been used previously. If you're going to rip a decision, at least suggest a plausible solution.

still, the fact is hall shouldn't have hit. there were two better options on the bench.

"Bush, Turnbow, Hall...plenty of blame to go around in this one. "

Yeah but one man had the chance to avoid having 2 of those names on the list.

So you want Gross or Jenkins to start against the lefty?

what he is saying is, hall shouldn't have hit, and tbow should have been in pitching.

It's obviously hard to be positive after a frustrating loss, but a 3-3 road trip isn't exactly too bad, especially for the Brewers. We have three home games against the Reds, and according to the schedule on ESPN neither Harang nor Arroyo will pitch in the series. I hate saying the Brewers should win X amount of games in a particular series or road trip, but you'd have to think a series win is likely. If we can win 2 of 3 and then get around a .500 road trip (4-3 or 3-4), I'll like our chances in the final week.

No, and why would you think that? I have always contributed in the proper way, and have never received even a warning?

My bad, I meant Brewers77.

I have never been anybody else on the message board. In all honesty, is there something I'm doing wrong besides disagreeing with the majority?

The "Right, because no pitcher in the history of baseball..." comments struck me as a little derogatory. There was another used with a similar name, and who came back once with another similar name, who was consistently derogatory towards other people and was always defensive regarding Ned Yost. I'm not saying you were laying it on exceptionally thick or anything or to that extent, but it did raise an eyebrow with some of the similarities.

Tell Ned to stay away from bf.net http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

No, and why would you think that? I have always contributed in the proper way, and have never received even a warning?

My bad, I meant Brewers77.

I have never been anybody else on the message board. In all honesty, is there something I'm doing wrong besides disagreeing with the majority?

The "Right, because no pitcher in the history of baseball..." comments struck me as a little derogatory. There was another used with a similar name, and who came back once with another similar name, who was consistently derogatory towards other people and was always defensive regarding Ned Yost. I'm not saying you were laying it on exceptionally thick or anything or to that extent, but it did raise an eyebrow with some of the similarities.

Well my apologies are offered to whoever I upset. I have always been a respectful poster, and don't think I've ever even before caused for an eyebrow to be raised. I guess I will keep my defense (which has resorted to sarcasm in this instance seeing as the board has turned into a rip Ned fest) of Ned to myself. It's very enjoyable to talk baseball with others who know the game sometimes I think the eyebrow has "been raised" due to a disagreement in opinion. Again, sorry to those offended...

The splits on Derrick on 0-days are shocking:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/splits?playerId=4259

I don't why Ned hasn't learned this.

Judging by the game log, I'd guess it's because Turnbow has pitched a scoreless frame in 14 of his 24 appearances on 0 days rest.

Four of the six times he's been cuffed around for 3+ runs have come on zero day's rest.

Is that enough evidence to draw a conclusion from? What about the times D-Bow got lit up with adequate rest? It's not that he's brutal every time he pitches on zero rest....just that most of the times he's pitched brutally have come when pitching on zero rest.

Personally, I'd rather see a reliever up any time Turnbow is pitching in a close game, especially when Linebrink (Brewerfan.net whipping boy, despite a 3.15 ERA since joining the team) hasn't pitched.

Well my apologies are offered to whoever I upset. I have always been a respectful poster, and don't think I've ever even before caused for an eyebrow to be raised. I guess I will keep my defense (which has resorted to sarcasm in this instance seeing as the board has turned into a rip Ned fest) of Ned to myself. It's very enjoyable to talk baseball with others who know the game sometimes I think the eyebrow has "been raised" due to a disagreement in opinion. Again, sorry to those offended...

It's not your fault that your username was remarkably similar to the poster in questions. I have no problem with disagree with any prevailing opinion, as long as people remain respectful towards each other, or as long as the majority of a person's posts don't revolve around a single opinion. So, I apologize for calling you out.

Judging by the game log, I'd guess it's because Turnbow has pitched a scoreless frame in 14 of his 24 appearances on 0 days rest.

Four of the six times he's been cuffed around for 3+ runs have come on zero day's rest.

Is that enough evidence to draw a conclusion from? What about the times D-Bow got lit up with adequate rest? It's not that he's brutal every time he pitches on zero rest....just that most of the times he's pitched brutally have come when pitching on zero rest.

Personally, I'd rather see a reliever up any time Turnbow is pitching in a close game, especially when Linebrink (Brewerfan.net whipping boy, despite a 3.15 ERA since joining the team) hasn't pitched.

He's been lit up with 0 days rest, and when he has had TOO much rest (3+ days). On 1-2 days rest, he's been lights out. Maybe it's just a small sample, but it reared its ugly head again yet today.

And yeah, I think he should be on a short leash as well, at least on 0 days rest. Is it possible for Castro just to realize that Turnbow doesn't have his control when he's warming up? Seems like this is a problem you could maybe head off at the pass.

Wow.. everybody take a valium.. have a beer... whatever you need to do... fact is worse case is Brewers are still in first place at the end of the day with 17 games left and we just threw our worse SP.

Let's enjoy that we actually get to argue about games in September...

I just can't be happy/content/satisfied with a completely mediocre record. We're in first place? Big deal, we have no right to be. And on top of that, this super-amazing-golden opportunity is being squandered ... be it by bad managing, bad bullpen construction by our GM, bad pitcher coaching, over-aggressive baserunning, undisciplined at bats, or whatever. It's a sickening sight, I wouldn't expect many fans to be taking it calmly.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

It's not your fault that your username was remarkably similar to the poster in questions. I have no problem with disagree with any prevailing opinion, as long as people remain respectful towards each other, or as long as the majority of a person's posts don't revolve around a single opinion. So, I apologize for calling you out.

It's all good.

But anyways just to pile it on because its been a while since I posted in a IGT. There is a huge difference between Turnblow walking someone on a 3-2 count after getting out in front 0-2. If I am not mistake the walks were either on 3-1 or 3-0 counts. It is painfully obvious to most when the "good" turnbow comes out and when the "bad" Turnbow comes out. Add to the fact that he has pitched a lot lately he should be given an especially short leash.

.500 road trip is fine with me. imagine if we'd done that the whole season...we'd be 82-63.

though it does suck knowing we could've won this game with a little action from Ned. we have those expanded rosters for a reason, plus a day off tomorrow. back to back walks for any other bullpen pitcher, i think Ned pulls him. but for some reason he likes to see if T-Blow can get through jams like this when everyone else seems to already know the outcome. but the again, who does he bring in? McClung? Spurling? King earlier? Shouse? Wise? Linebrink? no one really makes me jump off my seat and say "he should've put him in!" bottom line though -- he should've yanked him and put someone else in. who you ask? don't ask me...Ned's the manager.

I guess I'm not too surprised by the non-moves with an expanded bench and an off-day coming up. This is the same manager that refused to make some similar moves in the final game before the all-star break, costing them the game, IIRC.

Anyways, 3-3 is pretty good for a road trip. We could really use a 3-game sweep of the Reds this weekend before we make our last trip of the year.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived