Brewer Fanatic

09/12/2007 Milwaukee (Bush) at Pittsburgh (Gorzelanny) 11:35 am CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are WAY out of line to tell trwi to go to another message board because what he posted, who do you think you are?

I don't want anyone to leave the board; I want them to write something more than just "HALL SUXKS!!!!" every 5 minutes. If that's what brewrfan.net is all about these days than you won't have to worry about me anymore.

To be fair I said sucks and I might have had a few more exclamation points.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

I stayed away for a while, but glad to see it's still Ned's fault Turnbow can't throw strikes.
Or because he kept him in after the back-to-back walks when he clearly didn't have much control today.
Right, because no pitcher in the history of baseball has ever recovered from 2 men on with 1 out. Remember, this isn't a video game you can't just bring someone in at the drop of a hat. Not to mention, Turnbow was the best option in that situation.

Would you happen to be brewcrew99, a previously banned user?

No, and why would you think that? I have always contributed in the proper way, and have never received even a warning?

Cordero has pitched once since September 4th. He could have finished up last night and still been plenty fresh for today with an off day tomorrow. Then Turnbow could have been fresh today also.

I hope all of you out there that after a few wins, won't forget how many times Yost has failed to set up his bullpen properly or adjusted in game (lack of PR, leaving Turnbow in after not one but two walks).

Even if for some reason the Brewers do win this thing, it doesn't make Yost a good manager.

Yes Turnbow failed. But it's the manager's job to put his players in the best position for them to succeed and Ned often does just the opposite.

Wow.. everybody take a valium.. have a beer... whatever you need to do... fact is worse case is Brewers are still in first place at the end of the day with 17 games left and we just threw our worse SP.

Let's enjoy that we actually get to argue about games in September... and I hope nobody leaves.. well unless it is a haiku, pink, red, or upside down IGT because then I am the hell out of here. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

Today was definitely a bummer after fighting back, but we did go 3-3 on this is trip in two cities we play poorly in year-in year-out it seems. At worst, we're tied for 1st after today and we come back home to beat down on the Reds for three games before hitting the road again. Play close to .500 on that trip and I like our chances.

That said, when Turnbow is off, he's off and he shows it right away, Ned probably shouldn't have left him in that long, obviously. Oh well, I think most would be satisfied with the 3-3 roadtrip. It would have been nice to get one after being down four and chipping away, though.

I hate Ned Yost.

I stayed away for a while, but glad to see it's still Ned's fault Turnbow can't throw strikes

It's Ned's fault when he leaves Turnbow in when he cannot throw strikes. Turnbow needs to be hooked quickly when he is not throwing strikes and Yost leaves him out there every time.

Like last night, when he walked the leadoff hitter in the 9th. Oh wait, they didn't score that inning.

It's official:

YOSTED!!!!!!!

What a terrible manager. Even when its obvious its like pulling teeth for him to make a good call. So disappointing. At least he can take his boatload of cash to the huntin' store, gets him some good ammo, and go kill some animals for the rest of his life. Why do all the morons get the good life?

I agree with JohnnyBriggs all the way. To add to what I think was his point, how many times this year did we go into a game needing our starter to "save" our bullpen? I don't seem to remember hearing that too often with LaRussa, Piniella, or any of the other managers who are successful over a period of time. We need to see the big picture.

I hate Ned Yost.

I stayed away for a while, but glad to see it's still Ned's fault Turnbow can't throw strikes

It's Ned's fault when he leaves Turnbow in when he cannot throw strikes. Turnbow needs to be hooked quickly when he is not throwing strikes and Yost leaves him out there every time.

Like last night, when he walked the leadoff hitter in the 9th. Oh wait, they didn't score that inning.

Except last night Turnbow wasn't pitching on 0 days rest where his ERA is 7.97, he did pitch on 0 days rest today. And yes he did walk the leadoff guy yesterday, he walked two in a row today though and none were even close.

No, and why would you think that? I have always contributed in the proper way, and have never received even a warning?

My bad, I meant Brewers77.

I have never been anybody else on the message board. In all honesty, is there something I'm doing wrong besides disagreeing with the majority?

I hate Ned Yost.

Turnbow shouldn't have even pitched last night. Would you put your "A" 8th inning guy in for the 9th inning of a blowout win? If you would then I know why you back Yost.

I have never been anybody else on the message board. In all honesty, is there something I'm doing wrong besides disagreeing with the majority?

Yes.. clearly your frequent use of common sense and calmness means you have lived too long with a losing team and are enjoying a pennant race.. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

The "Right, because no pitcher in the history of baseball..." comments struck me as a little derogatory. There was another used with a similar name, and who came back once with another similar name, who was consistently derogatory towards other people and was always defensive regarding Ned Yost. I'm not saying you were laying it on exceptionally thick or anything or to that extent, but it did raise an eyebrow with some of the similarities.

Archived