Brewer Fanatic

Any Reason To Get Excited about the low A players?

Tbadder

Any reason to get excited about players in low A ball. The Brew Crew have three outfielders: Ford, Brantley, and Lefave, age 22, 20, and 23. All are hitting over .300, all have OBP greater than .385, with OPS above .814. Is it too early to project, to put them on a time line (ie.High A ball by July, AA next year, etc)?

(more specific subject -TC)

well, Ford and Brantley are repeating, and will likely be moved up the chain mid season...Andy lefave isn't really an outfielder

I am very excited about this crop of players as they have tyhe ability to draw a walk, hit for average, play good defense and hit lots of doubles...there's currently 4 guys that could start in CF on the WV roster, which is crazy..

I like Ford, and especially Brantley. Brantley only had 12 extra base hits all last season, and he's got 10 already this year, so there's hope that he's gained some pop, and can avoid the questions that follow TGJ. Brantley has a really advanced approach at the plate, and he just turned 20 yesterday, so I think he has a pretty good shot.

yeah, definitely go see them play...i think Alex periard may be pitching today, i'd love to hear about him...steve chapman, kenny holmberg, and taylor green are all very exciting to watch as well..

don't forget brent brewer, last year's second pick..

if they are still going to be in town on sunday, go watch zach braddock pitch...he's moving up the prospect chart very quickly...

First off thanks for the info guys. Another question is, is Lafave's age against him in low A ball? Are there really any true prospects who are 23 and playing at this level?

23 is old for the sally league, no doubt, but it shouldn't hurt his chances too much...as long as he's producing, he could still reach AAA by 25/26 which give him a shot at a decent major league career...he's deinitely got to keep tearing the cover off the ball though...

I'd say the Sally league is fairly balanced...asheville, is a hitters park out the wazoo however, along with greensboro, so don't be surprised to see a few homers this week..

Agreed about Asheville being a hitters park. One of the games I attended last year ended up 21-9. Should be a good weekend series, both teams are on top of their divisions (last I knew) with very good records. Probably go tonight and Saturday night.

Archived