Brewer Fanatic

If the Astros don't keep Cooper.......

UeckerAddict

As far as I know, the interim title still sits ahead of Cecil Cooper's managerial title. If the stros go elsewhere, would the Crew consider hiring him on, as he has experience dealing with a lot of the Crew's young players. Perhaps calling the ump to check out Koko took away the possibility of Yost wanting him on staff. Of course, if Yost got the ax- not saying it one way or another, but anyone must admit that it is a possibility- Cooper might seem like a viable candidate (or maybe Don Money would put him on the coaching staff).

No matter what conjecture you choose, what are the odds of seeing Coop in a Brewer uniform sometime in the next 2 years?

no.

i DO NOT want anyone that has any history with the brewers to manage the club next year. i want someone from outside the organization with a new outlook on the entire team.

Just because Yost has a certain outlook on the team, it doesn't mean that Money or Cooper have the same outlook. Their outlook may be very new (different).

UeckerAddict didn't completely imply that Cecil should be a managerial candidate. As a matter of fact, he wondered if Ned would object to Cecil working for him.

If members want to discuss managerial replacements, we have the "If Yost were to be fired after the season, whom would you choose as a replacement?" thread for that. Let's keep this on the topic of Cooper.

I don't think Ned would have an issue based on Cecil asking the ump to check out Cordero. That's just a manager's job. As the story turns out, all Cecil wanted to make sure of was that Frankie's bracelet was gone.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Does he want to leave the team? Isn't he from Houston and that is why he wanted to go there in the first place?

And I agree that I want to stop hiring '82 Brewers. Let's put that season to rest. I understand Ned getting the job, as he was probably the only candidate that wasn't looking at the Brewers as just a way to get experience. When we look for a new manager, in whichever year it is, I hope the Brewers look for the best manager, not just a guy that has old ties with the team or the front office.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Does he want to leave the team? Isn't he from Houston and that is why he wanted to go there in the first place?

Cooper is from Katy TX.

I think Cooper is good as gone from Houston. They fired their GM as well, and when they bring on a new GM, he will probably want to replace Cooper with his guy.

That said -- I don't think Ned would want someone with managerial exp. as a bench coach, esp. someone as popular as Cooper (with Brewer fans) -- so I think it is highly unlikely that Cooper is hired to Ned's staff.

If Ned is fired -- I suspect Cooper would be interviewed, but probably not on DM's short list.

Archived