Brewer Fanatic

09/11/2007 Milwaukee (Gallardo) at Pittsburgh (Bullington) 6:05 pm CDT

phatmatt1215
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure Gross has that "battle royal" won already if they don't pick up Jenkins' option. He should have it won, anyhow, because he's a way better player than either of them.

I agree he would be the leader.. and there better be no possible picking up Jenkins option. I think it is imperative that the Brewers payroll go down next year to stockpile cash to afford the arby (and hopefully a few of their free agents) years of the youn Crew (Hart, Fielder, Braun, Hardy, Weeks, Yo, Villy, Parra).

They proved this year that signing a veteran pitcher was not the answer... though I am not sure who out there was better than Suppan for the price they paid him.

The only two free agent pitchers worth looking at during the winter are Jake Westbrook (he could flourish under Mike Maddux) and Bartolo Colon, but Colon's name itself could yield at least 11 million from a "sucker" team. I'd say the dark horse pitcher out there in the winter would be Westbrook. The rest of the FAs are old and worn out (Jon Lieber and Freddy Garcia anyone?)

Anyway, does anyone hate Jack Wilson as much as I do?

The only two free agent pitchers worth looking at during the winter are Jake Westbrook (he could flourish under Mike Maddux) and Bartolo Colon, but Colon's name itself could yield at least 11 million from a "sucker" team. I'd say the dark horse pitcher out there in the winter would be Westbrook. The rest of the FAs are old and worn out (Jon Lieber and Freddy Garcia anyone?)

Westbrook signed an extension earlier this year.

If Colon gets less than $15 million for at least 4 years I would be absolutely shocked...

Best thing for the Brewers would be a Parra/Suppan trade to the Twins for Santana and pay him the money.. most likely unrealistic but i can dream

Did I just hear BA state that Braun has 80 RBI in 96 GAMES? 30 home runs AND 80 RBI AND a .330 AVG. in 96 freakin games? If that guy doesn't win the Rookie of the Year, the people who vote for the award might want to sign up for a CAT scan to get their heads examined.

CAT scans make you feel funny for a couple minutes. Nobody cares but I just thought I'd share.

Suppan won the Brewers' team Clemente award. Now, here is my question, what did Suppan do in the Milwaukee community that warranted his winning of the award?

By the way, the Scrubs are now tied with Houston thanks to Jason Marquis' wild pitch to score Luke Scott. If the Cubs keep on being pesky and winning games when we win them, I will explode.

Besides Suppan having a full no-trade clause through next season, Suppan and Parra wouldn't even get us in the door for Santana.

I said I was dreaming but Santana is the only possibly available pitcher that would help the brewers.. I agree that they don't need a SP with Sheets, Suppan, Yo, Parra, Villy and Cappy, Bush, Vargas in the mix. That is why I am saying their payroll needs to go down significantly because they should not be signing any free agents beside Cordero.

Does anyone think Ryan Braun needs to see a psychologist because he has a serious case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder when batting. He always bends down, grabs a handful of dirt, tosses it aside and then takes a deep breath before adjusting his batting gloves in between EVERY pitch.

Archived