Brewer Fanatic

MTV VMAs

jaybird2001wi

Anyone catch a single second of the MTV VMAs? I was at work and watched sports instead, but I heard of the so-called "Comeback Spectacular" attempted by Britney Spears and reports indicated she flopped majorly. On top of that, why did MTV decide to put the show on during the weekend in which it was the second weekend of college football, opening weekend of the NFL and a couple of golf events along with the current MLB pennant races.

I looked at some Spears' pics of her "comeback performance" and she looked like a desperate stripper out there. I wanted to seriously throw up when I saw a clip of her on the 5am news on WISN today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Just hearing about the VMA's makes me lose brain cells.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I tend to agree with Al's comments on the ramblings blog. It's not that Britney is unattractive....it's just that she's no longer attractive enough to go on stage dressed like that.

Making matters worse, she never grew (as an artist) enough to get away from the choreography. If it were about the music, rather than the performance / aesthetics, her abs wouldn't be the focus of discussion the day after.

You can compound that with the army of sycophants she seems to have surrounded herself with, and you get a performance like the one at the VMA's.

(Not that I saw it live...but I did watch most of the youtube version.)

Up until the K-Fed-isaster, I always thought Britney would make the transition away from music and towards acting in romantic comedies. Now, it looks like Mandy Moore is getting those types of roles (which bothers me not at all).

I just hope that - for her sake - one or more of her advisors protected some of the money she made over the past decade. If she's leveraged beyond her current assets, things will end badly. I just get the sense of 'contractual obligation' when I watched the video this evening.

[Edit: Almost forgot to mention....apparently Justin Timberlake called out Mtv for showing reality TV instead of actually showing music videos. I never thought that I'd be so N'Sync with Timberlake....but between begging Mtv to show more videos, and his SNL Digital Short winning an Emmy, I'm finding it harder and harder to dislike the guy.]

I actually agreed with something Justin Timberlake said. He basically called out MTV after he won some award telling them to play more music videos and less reality tv shows.

Only cool things I saw were Linkin Park playing "Bleed it Out" and any of the small doses of Foo Fighters performances.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I actually agreed with something Justin Timberlake said. He basically called out MTV after he won some award telling them to play more music videos and less reality tv shows.

Forget the music videos. What they need is even more reality shows. My main man Spencer Pratt deserves his own show.

Forget the music videos. What they need is even more reality shows.
I assume that was supposed to be in blue....they couldn't possibly have more reality shows.

Along the same line...Hey, ESPN classic, how about showing some classic sporting events again?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I love Real World. I love the dating shows. Seriously no blue is involved. The new Real World is so good. I think this seasons Isaac is my favorite Real World person ever. "I'm sorry for calling you a #$%^. It happens when I get angry, I didn't mean it. You can apologize for throwing water at me anytime you want. This was a good talk we just had." I love music videos, so I just watch MTV Jams all the time.

If music videos made more money, MTV would show them. There aren't even commercials on MTV Jams or MTV Hits because I think it's hard to get people to advertise.

It's funny that they call it "The Real World".

I've got my cameramen trained well so that they don't get in the way while I make my way around the city and through my luxuriously furnished free crib.

Hang on, I've got to re-type that. My producers don't like that my phone interrupted my typing of this post, so I'm gonna do it again. It looks cleaner on the edit that way.

You guys who like MTV and it's programming have to be fairly young, right?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I remember watching the first season of the Real World before I got married and old. I watched some of the seasons after that. Occasionally, now if I'm flipping through the channels I'll catch it and watch a few minutes of it. I think the RW was creative and innovative when it first came out. However, now, like most other reality shows, I tend to doubt the authenticity of it. Seems to be a lot of "ratings created" drama and shock value that goes on.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

but I thought she looked good
Agreed. I read about how out of shape she was and had to watch the video. That's out of shape? Wow, I guess I'm getting old and my standards are getting looser, but I don't ever remember a time when I considered that to be "out of shape". Don't want to generalize, but today's generation seems to have an obsession with super skinny models.

It's funny that they call it "The Real World". I've got my cameramen trained well so that they don't get in the way while I make my way around the city and through my luxuriously furnished free crib. Hang on, I've got to re-type that. My producers don't like that my phone interrupted my typing of this post, so I'm gonna do it again. It looks cleaner on the edit that way. You guys who like MTV and it's programming have to be fairly young, right?

It's "real" in that they do exist. Thats a real producer and a real camera man and I just looked this part up, but apparently they do live in a real city. (BTW, way to drop the lingo - crib, very nice)

. I think the RW was creative and innovative when it first came out. However, now, like most other reality shows, I tend to doubt the authenticity of it. Seems to be a lot of "ratings created" drama and shock value that goes on.
Shock Value? Ratings Created? No, this generation is kids is the brightest yet (just ask'em). They would see right through something like that.

I think once I turned 25, I realized MTV was no longer relevant - and I'm sure I was way late with that bit of insight. Once I turned 30 (this year) I manually removed MTV from Tivos on screen guide. Now if you excuse me, todays the day I swap my shoes and designer jeans for some "trousers" and "loafers". I think I'll get one of them eyeglass chains too. Oh, and maybe some eye glasses! No more contacts for this guy - angry's up the blood.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

God forbid that after 2 kids Britney doesn't look the same at 25 as she did when she was 18. Shouldn't we expect a change more than we expect what she looked like before?

The song is bad and her performance was bad -- no doubt. I'd argue that artists shouldn't dress like that to begin with. But really, why all the emphasis on her weight? Are we all 5% body fat with chisled abs?

If she doesn't have that commodity anymore, it should be an issue.
I think the argument from some of us is that she still does have that commodity. Trust me, I'm not a Brittney fan at all. Don't like her music and I think she has gone off the deep end a little. However, I'm having trouble understanding how that is considered "fat"?! If that's considered fat, I feel sorry for young women that are held to such standards.

BTW, I believe that it's being repeated tonight at 9 cst. My wife is dvr-ing it for the spectacle.

I saw a picture of her, and if that's out of shape (especially after 2 kids!) I'm in serious trouble. Hollywood is so out of touch with reality.

God forbid that after 2 kids Britney doesn't look the same at 25 as she did when she was 18. Shouldn't we expect a change more than we expect what she looked like before? The song is bad and her performance was bad -- no doubt. I'd argue that artists shouldn't dress like that to begin with. But really, why all the emphasis on her weight? Are we all 5% body fat with chisled abs?

I know I don't look the same as I did before I had two kids. My girlfriend came out ok though.

Judging from what I read on CNN.com I was expecting to see a huge, bloated Spears with twinkies and corn dogs strapped to her arms. I saw her and thought, "Hmm. She looks fine." and then I started to feel bad for all the less the perfect girls out there that have to listen to everyone complain that Britney was "Soooo fat". Jeez, tough to be a girl much?

And one more thing, why was this even news? And if you can make the case for it being news, can you put a reporter on it that writes like....I don't know - a reporter (I'm looking at you CNN). I though I was reading a cheesy paper back novel. "Jamie Foxx sang a few lines from the hit song "Golddigger." Champagne, and not tequila, was his drink of choice. He spent much of the evening swigging from a bottle of Dom Perignon as an assortment of women danced around him. A brunette in skin-tight jeans and a tank top flashed her breasts repeatedly. Foxx, sporting black sunglasses and a do-rag, smiled brightly. "It's crazy up in here," he crowed."

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Archived