Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
The shoe part was hilarious. Is anyone else kind of sick of NBC's going green thing this week? Maybe it's just be, but ever since they turned the lights off at halftime of the game on Sunday night I have not been a fan. Some of their shoes have tried way too hard to incorporate it into the show and there's been some bad episodes as a result.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the last couple snippet of this episode gave me hope that maybe just maybe the show will come back to its roots. What made the show so great for me was how all the characters were a SLIGHT exageration of people. Michael was always an idiot, but he was believable. He did just enough to keep his job (win the sale at Chili's with Tim Meadows Character, be the only one to show up at Pam's Art show, etc.). He did dumb things that we exagerations of stupid things many "not go great" bosses do. I could relate to that. I could think to myself, "My boss would never do that - but it's close!" ALl the characters were like that - they were quirky - but in a believable way. Now they have built the characters, but they continue to get more crazy.

At first Dunder Miflin was a failing paper company. Now - as Dunder Miflin as a whole starts to turn it around (with the website and seemingly better management) the Scranton branch seems to do less work - and more crazy over the top things (ie. survivor man and running all over the place with fruit baskets). Almost nothing that goes on actually seems like it would even be clsoe to something that would happen at a paper compny.

In this episode there was finally a short time where Michael was not off the deep end. He was talking normal with Jim. It was only a few seconds - but this Office fan wants that to be a small sign of things to come. I want them to get back to a believable work place with quirky people.

No, I think they were using Jim to show that Michael is good at his job (in some aspects)

Right, but my point is that Jim usually is dead-on with his perceptions and handling of his coworkers, but not so much as "The Guy In Charge." So yeah - I think we're both saying the exact same thing here. It just was weird to see Jim being, well, uneasy on his "camera confessional" moments.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Very average episode. They are really running short of material. Every week has some kind of party in the conference room.

I think a new character will be introduced soon and that will be the point years from now where we can say The Office truly jumped the shark (assuming they write more new episodes).

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

MORE TODD PACKER
Ugh. I guess I disagree with you there.

I was also saying that I thought Michael was more "believable" in this episode than he's been recently. I actually enjoyed it, although it seems like I'm in the minority.

Very average episode. They are really running short of material. Every week has some kind of party in the conference room.

I think a new character will be introduced soon and that will be the point years from now where we can say The Office truly jumped the shark (assuming they write more new episodes).

Enter Ted McGinley in 3....2....1.....

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

http://www.sonypictures.com.br/images/5048.jpg

You rang?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ok, so I waited until my wife watched this last episode as well - but we both thought it was the best show of the season.

Dwight beating Michael with a shoe was fantastic. Also Toby talking to the camera about his trip when Michael starts banging on the glass "Nobody cares!"

I guess to each their own.

Oh man the part where Michael pushes Toby's tray off of the table while he's in the middle of an emotional story-Classic!

I honestly laughed for like 30 seconds loudly after that scene. I still makes me chuckle... just perfect delivery.

Jim: You wanna go play on the table upstairs?

Daryl: Yes I do

Journal: Ryan is hot too, but in a different way.

Lawyer: Who is this Ryan woman?

(Toby dies laughing)

I almost fell off my couch laughing so hard when that exchange took place.

"You expect to get [can I type that word here] by your company...

...you don't expect to get [ditto] by your girlfriend."

That line, and the "that's what she said" in the middle of the deposition had me cracking up.

(Note: someone with moderator powers can feel free to edit the word omitted above back in if it is deemed suitable for the forum.)

Archived