Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where has Toby been recently? He was only in the episode briefly last week (even though the actor who plays him wrote & directed that one), and not at all this week or two weeks ago. Lame.
I read an interview with Paul Lieerstein (Toby) that said how he is much more fond of writing than acting. He actually gets very nervous acting. He said whenever he writes an episode he keeps himself out of it as much as possible. Seems like he got himself well out of the last one.

Where has Toby been recently? He was only in the episode briefly last week (even though the actor who plays him wrote & directed that one), and not at all this week or two weeks ago. Lame.
I read an interview with Paul Lieerstein (Toby) that said how he is much more fond of writing than acting. He actually gets very nervous acting. He said whenever he writes an episode he keeps himself out of it as much as possible. Seems like he got himself well out of the last one.

That's interesting. I really hope he remains a regular part of the show, becuase Micheal repulsing him is downright hilarious.

Toby: "I think whomever is the correct word."

Micheal: "You know what Toby, why don't you take a letter opener and stick it in your skull."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The eyes are the groin of the head.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"Besides having sex with men, I'd say the Finer Things Club is the gayest thing about me." - Oscar That was laugh out loud funny.

That made me laugh out loud as well. The episode was really good. I liked Michael saying he would give Karen Toby, and then he was like no Toby is the worst.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

"I heard you guys were worse than Camden."

The mere fact that Dunder Mifflin has a branch there made me chuckle. The scene with Dwight peeing in the car didn't really do it for me..I've always been bigger fan of the subtle humor within the show. Like: "If you even touch a hair on Stanley's head.."

A Karen Filipelli appearance is always wonderful in my book.

A Karen Filipelli appearance is always wonderful in my book.

I really can't stand her. Asides from being a big you-know-what, she's just completely unattractive. Maybe if she took off about a pound of makeup and sounded less like a man it wouldn't be so bad.

I hope the show tonight is good because it could be awhile before there is another new episode. There's also a new Creed Thought up.

Per CNN.com:

Filming stopped on the popular NBC sitcom "The Office" because star Steve Carell refused to cross the picket lines of striking writers, a producer said Wednesday.

Greg Daniels, executive producer of the show, said the last new episode of the show will air next week.

So we're getting tonight's and next week's... I'm DVRing them just in case I don't get to see new Office for awhile...

Pretty god-awful cold open on tonight's episode, followed by a mostly lackluster episode. The magic that was fading in season 3 might be completely gone now. Maybe this strike can just terminate the show before the writers have a chance to fully ruin the good name of "The Office" anyways.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

The best part of the episode was just at the end when it made Michael look competent. They need to have that every few episodes.

There were some good quotes - but not a very funny episode. Michael acting like Les "Survivorman" Stroud was solid, because he was so good at it.

This episode almost seemed like it could have been a longer episode as well; too much time was split from the Survivorman concept and spending it on Jim's "consolidated birthday party" idea. A rare faux pas from Jim? He almost seemed to be... out of character... tonight. Were they trying to imply that when someone becomes the boss, they turn INTO the previous boss...?

Archived