Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
"He smells like I would imagine Pierce Brosnan to smell."

That's the line that killed me.

Also, did anyone ever visit the "NBC Office" web site about a year ago or so. They had this great thing where you could enter someone's phone # and it would call that number with a funny message from Dwight. You could pick from 5 or 6 different messages. The weird thing was that you didn't have to register or give your name or anything. I was kind of surprised that someone didn't complain about it...maybe they did, and that's why it's not offered anymore.

Oh yeah I remember doing that a few times. And yeah that line by Andy was great. That whole exchange between Jim and Kevin/Andy was awesome.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patrick425[/b]]"He smells like I would imagine Pierce Brosnan to smell."

That's the line that killed me.

Also, did anyone ever visit the "NBC Office" web site about a year ago or so. They had this great thing where you could enter someone's phone # and it would call that number with a funny message from Dwight. You could pick from 5 or 6 different messages. The weird thing was that you didn't have to register or give your name or anything. I was kind of surprised that someone didn't complain about it...maybe they did, and that's why it's not offered anymore.

I did that to a few people. My Mom didn't get it.

I thought the Kelly/Ryan stuff was the funniest stuff this week. Her monologue after she told Ryan she was preggers, priceless.

One great part that I didn't notice the first time:

Michael is talking about the pictures he has up and says "I was going to put new pictures up, but the printer was all out of ink." Then they zoom in on Creed's head... Implying that Creed dyed his hair with printer ink. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

Great episode tonight. Obviously the car thing was funny, but when Creed walked in with the black hair and said "What up, brah?" I almost died laughing. That was priceless.

Also, I didn't immediately make the connection of why they briefly cut to Creed after Michael said that he would have printed out more pictures of old people had they not run out of ink..of course, Creed had dyed his hair using printer toner..http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

I always end up watching every episode twice because I inevitably miss something subtle the first time through.

"...And FYI, I eventually aced 2nd grade and I was the biggest kid in class."

It's things like that that make you wonder why he a) hasn't been fired for whatever reason yet, and b) how he got the job in the first place. Oh well...it isn't real. Great TV.

I've always loved Toby. My favorite moment of his was when he bought Angela the saxophone playing babies picture for Secret Santa...and they had a shot of him holding the picture. The look in his eyes is priceless. Anybody know what I'm referencing?

I also love how Michael hates him because he always vetoes his ridiculous ideas. "Toby...convicted rapist." Haha.

"...And FYI, I eventually aced 2nd grade and I was the biggest kid in class."

It's things like that that make you wonder why he a) hasn't been fired for whatever reason yet, and b) how he got the job in the first place. Oh well...it isn't real. Great TV.

I'm sure there are real people who got held back a grade in elementry school that now have very respectable jobs.

It looks to me he does just fine at his job. Yes he's weird and makes mistakes a lot, but at least he gets yelled at for them all the time from his superiors and they make it seem he's always on thin ice. Also, they showed his sales talent in the "Traveleing Salesman" episode. He won that salesman award before he got his manager job too, the one that Dwight also won.

And my favorite quote from the episode was right at the beginning: "...I don't think anyone heard anything...and most people had left by that point...so what I think you should do, is roll up that memo real tight..." http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif

A lot of you probably knew this, but I just learned that the character "Ryan Howard" was named after the star of the Scranton Minor League Baseball team, which is an affiliate of the Phillies...I wonder where that player is now...hmm.

Also, among the bobblehead dolls on his desk is a Mike Lieberthal and I believe someone from the former Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Red Barons.

After being out of town I *finally* watched last week's episode. Very, very good. Definitely better than the first.

But count me among those that thought the driving-into-the-lake gag was pathetic and dumb. That's the kind of impossible, cheap humour I wish they'd avoid. Besides, who couldn't see that joke coming a mile away? It was a big *groan* moment for me. I also thought their trip back to the lawyer's office to throw a tantrum and take back the basket was immensely stupid. Kept waiting and waiting for a point to that seen ... never came. But those were just two small moments of bad amonst a heck of a lot of good/great.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

valpocrewsader wrote:

But count me among those that thought the driving-into-the-lake gag was pathetic and dumb. That's the kind of impossible, cheap humour I wish they'd avoid. Besides, who couldn't see that joke coming a mile away? It was a big *groan* moment for me. I also thought their trip back to the lawyer's office to throw a tantrum and take back the basket was immensely stupid. Kept waiting and waiting for a point to that seen ... never came. But those were just two small moments of bad amonst a heck of a lot of good/great.

I feel this way about almost all of the Michael story lines. I find his character almost unwatchable most of the time.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived