Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski

Michael's new crush is Amy Ryan, who was nominated for an Oscar this past year and who was a member of The Wire's excellent ensemble cast. I wonder if she'll be around for awhile, I hope she is because she's an excellent actress, but that could also work against her longevity.

The Jim/Pam relationship is getting old fast. the guy is so lame and unlikable. He doesn't even have the pathetic charm that his British equivalent had. Jeez, ask her to marry you or don't. It's starting to remind me of Mario Cuomo deciding whether or not to run for President in '92.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? That episode was 45 minutes of awesomeness and about 15 minutes of... BOOOO! I'm getting sick of the Jim/Pam thing but not for the same reasons as JoeHova. They should just have em get engaged and focus on a different plot line. Having this border on Ross/Rachel for obnoxiousness and plot distractions frustrates me because there are other plot lines that potentially could be spun into pure comedic gold.

I have a feeling the Kevin plot line is going to be a big part of Season 5. Speaking of, at the end, I was expecting it to be Kevin and Amy Ryan's character in the office. Now THAT would have been funny.

"The Jim/Pam relationship is getting old fast. the guy is so lame and unlikable."

Really?! I really like Jim's character. "lame and unlikable" would be the very last words I would think of to describe him.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

FVBrewerFan- You can watch it on NBC's website.

I thought this was a really great finale. Started out a bit slow, but it had some great stuff. I usually don't like Kevin, but he was great in it.

Michael's quote of something like "You cheated on me, when I specifically asked you not to" was classic.

I echo Joe Hova's statements. I can't stand Jim, or even Pam anymore.

I've discovered that Amy Ryan is a far more likeable acress when she isn't playing a neglectful, New England drug mule.

I loved the supporting cast tonight. I kept waiting for someone to undo Dwight's hazing, re: Kevin....but they just kept letting it go and it worked. Creed not knowing what he did at work was great, and I even chuckled at Oscar's one-liner about Ryan's arrest.

As soon as they flashed to a shot of Andy and Angela before showing Jim propose, I called what was going to happen. (Granted, I was only about a minute ahead of the writers....but I'll take my credit where I can get i). Watching Angela and anyone bugs me far more than Jim and Pam.

Out of curiosity....do you think one of the Scranton employees snitched on Ryan? (Jim's phone call about 'fighting for his job' seemed a bit out-of-context with the way the episode was cut.)

Solid season finale. Liked the new girl. Was pissed that Michael would chose Jan and her sperm bank baby over the new girl. Although the Jim/Pam stuff sometimes is to much, I can never get sick of the Jim character. Kevin was great with the whole the new girl thinking he was "special". Thought it was hilarious that Ryan's arrest ended up on YouTube.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Verified Member

Great finale for a decent season. Tons of stuff happening relationship-wise, some of which I hope is resolved fairly quickly just to eliminate at least some of the drama. The last 30 seconds were the best part of the show.

I agree that Jim/Pam engagement is a little stale, but I like both characters.

Andy / Angela / Dwight was a little stale until Dwight / Angela at the end of the show.

Michael / Jan was a pretty funny scene, but I hope that ends fairly quickly into the next season.

Dwight telling the new HR employee that Kevin is "slow" and Kevin acting normal while you really can't tell was pretty darn funny.

Toby was typical Toby. As was Creed.

They shoved the Jim/Pam thing down everyone's throat last season. It was THE plot for a coupe of episodes. I didn't get the same feeling this year, however. I think the writers keep it mostly in the background, which is a good thing, IMO.

I like how quickly Jim feeds Michael's ignorance just to move on in the discussion, like when he confirmed that U2 is from Scranton.

I also think that, especially with Pam's move for school, Jim will take Ryan's job, considering David Wallace (that's his name, right?) seems to like him. I'm really gonna miss Toby, who was awesome when he was kept to a minimum.

I was booing out loud when Jim couldn't propose to Pam. It would be so frustrating if they ended up breaking up because he couldn't find the right time to propose. Hopefully the new HR person can stick around, she was really on, especially the Kevin stuff.

Yeah, Jim and Pam are slowly sliding down the list of characters I like the most. Honestly, just have him propose and get it over with, or don't bring it up every episode. Other than that I really liked the episode, it was better than most of the post-strike ones. It started out pretty slowly but then Creed and Kevin had me laughing. I loved when Michael was singing Supertramp too. That might be the first episode I feel legitimately bad for him because of his missed signal from Holly.

It's always good to see Ken Tremendous, too.

This show fluctuates between very funny (Jim messing with Dwights phones) to soap opera mania. If next season's focus is on Jim/Pam (will they finally get married), Jan's pregnancy (who really is the father, Michael? Hunter?), and the Dwight/Andy/Angela love triangle, they might as well rename the show Days of Our Lives II.

The whole Ryan thing played out oddly too. They build up his drug problems and website problems and then it ends suddenly with a little youtube video? Odd.

And why have an hour long finale with barely any Stanley? And Andy not being there at all until the very end? Strange.

I personally thought that there was too much drama in the season finale. Also, as many of you said already, the Pam Jim thing is going on way to long. The Dwight hazing was good, but i thought there should have been more of it. Dwight IMO is the best character and should have played a bigger role. He was on Leno on Wednesday night and they showed a scene from the episode that got cut -- the one were he tells Meredith to make him a sandwich. After seeing yesterday's show, that scene that cut was my favorite.

Im sure the producers had other plans in mind originally but due to the writers strike the season got cut short a few episodes. Those few episodes are the probobly the reason we didnt get to see the continuation of Ryan's drug problem.

Did anyone see the parody of The Office on SNL. They had the guy who came up with the British version saying that he actually stole the show from Japan. The guy who plays "Asian" Jim has the mannerisms down perfectly.

Did anyone see the parody of The Office on SNL. They had the guy who came up with the British version saying that he actually stole the show from Japan. The guy who plays "Asian" Jim has the mannerisms down perfectly.

No missed that. So Ricky Gervais was on SNL?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived