Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski

Is anyone else getting kind of annoyed with the whole Toby likes Pam/hates Jim thing? I know at first it's supposed to be all cute and everything and you should feel bad for him, but now it's like they want to make you not like him. It'd be nice if they dropped that soon.

I guess I didn't think it was as bad as some of you though but I've certainly seen much funnier. One of the last scenes with Michael/Stanley was easily the most serious Michael has ever been in an episode. That was kind of surprising.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but 30 Rock keeps getting better each week.

I agree. 30 Rock is the best comedy going right now imo. However, I didn't think this week's episode was as good as last weeks with Will Arnett. I have watched that 4 times and it gets better and better. So perfect. I will add Tina Fey was looking real good tonight.

I didn't think the episode was all that bad. It took place almost entirely in the office, which it seems like hasn't happened since season 2, and pretty much every character in the office had a contributing line.

The funniest scene was the end scene where Stanely pretends to like Michael's ridiculous summer carolling idea, but Phyllis calls it his dumbest idea yet, prompting Michael to clear the room.

EDIT to make sense

But, in any office or workplace, an act like Stanley's would mean an immediate firing.

I thought the show was decent, much better than the dinner at Michael and Jan's.

What Stanley did would get him fired, but what Michael does almost every minute would get him fired. I thought it was a good episode. Dwight's negotiating style was awesome. I love anytime Toby and Michael are in the same room.

Michael: "I have no other choice but to fake fire him"

Toby: "Well, you could actually fire him"

I enjoyed the episode overall, but the lay out of the episode seemed a bit scattered. Ryan's showing up just to give Jim a warning didn't seem to flow (though it did fit the "theme" of the episode). Toby seems like he's becoming a bit of a jerk. The part with Daryl explaining that he was a Crip, Blood, and Newsie was hilarious.

30 Rock gets a thumbs up too.

I also liked the part where Michael morphed that Rodney Dagnerfield bit into Henny Youngmann, Foxworthy, Borat and Seinfield.

No way any of that was scripted either. They clearly just needed 60-70 seconds to kill and put Carell in front of the camera.

I'm glad Michael handled the Stanley thing well in the end. It would have totally changed the office dynamic if he had been allowed to disrespect his boss in front of everyone. In fact, he might have been fired for real, and no one wants to lose Stanley!

Highlights:

-Michael informing everyone that he was going to fake fire Stanley, Kevin's reaction, and the Office reaction when the whole thing was taking place.

-Kevin's librarian fetish.

-Dwight's emergency hierarchy chart.

Can't think of any more right now...pretty good episode. And Ryan...is an enormous jerk.

Highlights:
-Michael informing everyone that he was going to fake fire Stanley, Kevin's reaction, and the Office reaction when the whole thing was taking place.
-Kevin's librarian fetish.
-Dwight's emergency hierarchy chart.

Yes! All great parts of the episode. Also the stuff with Daryl was outstanding, "fluffy fingers" and being in all those gangs. I really thought Michael was gonna tickle Stanley.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I completely forgot about the Kevin/librarian part, I was laughing pretty hard at that. I was also glad to see Darryl was back on for one episode, I was afraid he might not be on again this season.

Verified Member
I actually thought this was the best one of this season. I was surprised to come here and see others that hated it. I may have to watch again though as last night I was on some vicodin that may have inhanced the funniness.

I dont know if it is because i have been in Comedy(stand up) since i was a little kid and my sense of humor is on par with a many year drug addict but I didnt laugh at one thing in that episode, in fact i havent really laughed at all in the last couple episodes.

I'm noticing a trend here. After every episode, within 24 hours there will be someone in this thread who hated it and someone who thought it was the best episode of the season. Guess that's a result of people having different tastes. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

To me, season 2 is easily the funniest and it is unlikely that it will be topped or even matched. I basically have to have a different mindset watching this season's, because if I compare it to season 2, I'll be disappointed. However if I just compare it to other network TV shows, it's better than 99% of what's out there and probably funnier than every other show except maybe a couple (I admit I've never seen 30 Rock but I should probably watch it soon cause it seems like a lot of you like it.)

It's like when one of your favorite bands comes out with an amazing first or second album. You know it'll be hard to match it again with their next, so if they don't you'll be disappointed, even though it's still probably really good. I might be way off with this analogy but that's how I see it .

Archived