Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski

Creed Bratton on the Office is a caricature-ized version of Creed Bratton the former musician.

Right -- the actor was in The Grass Roots, lead singer and lead guitar.

He'll make some reference to his musician past every now and then in the show.

Yes, I thought that was just his hazy rambling though... I didn't think the actor was actually in the GR.

The "Dunder Mifflin Infinity (Version 2.0)" thing made me laugh

Something named "Infinity" shouldn't be named Version 2.0 -- I thought that was clever. Entering in the sales to justify the $$$ spent on the website was great as well.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow, I'm kind of miffed at all the praise. I thought the episode was very average.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The episode was funny to me because I lived that experience. Why does a paper company need a chat room on their web site? Very similar to what happened for a company I worked for in the past. A young, "change the world" executive wanted a chat room, message boards, etc. on our site, as well as hundreds of links to news, weather, etc. We tried to explain people will come to our site to find info on OUR company, they don't care about the rest of the crap.

So it took over a year to launch the site, and as predicted nobody used 90% of the features. So yes, I was laughing out loud.

I think Michael's bank teller line was the funniest of the night. Ryan said to always tell the ladies you work in finance. Too funny. I liked this episode a lot. I have lost my interest in the Jan character, I think they have pretty much used up her plot line. Curious to see how they bring her back in.

I have lost my interest in the Jan character, I think they have pretty much used up her plot line. Curious to see how they bring her back in.

I completely agree. She was great when she was in one every few episodes as a "love interest" of Michael. When she was a central character and turned into a nut job it wasn't really funny anymore. I kind of hope she's just not on the show anymore. Is Darryl (sp?) going to be on anymore? He's hilarious. I don't think Kelly's been in any of the last three, either.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot she was in the conference room when Ryan visited the office.

I completely agree. She was great when she was in one every few episodes as a "love interest" of Michael. When she was a central character and turned into a nut job it wasn't really funny anymore. I kind of hope she's just not on the show anymore.

With Ryan's recent character development and overall being a crappy corporate boss, I'm thinking they're setting it up for Jan to take over that role again.

the Ryan thing, it's like they want every character to be a deep-down good person. i can just see him hitting bottom then getting out of rehab and then fitting in with everyone again, learning his lesson and all that. they did it with the Drew character. i'd be fine with leaving him as a vain jerk.

when Toby leaves, i'll miss the whole thing they have set up with Michael hating him. that's always been hilarious, especially for the completely non-threatening character that Toby is.

and i agree, the less Jan the better. enough with all these side-stories and ancillary characters getting the majority of the airtime.

i agree with Ryan getting exposed or demoted back to sales and having to go back to the Scranton office and Michael welcoming him back with open arms in a "The band is back together" type of way

It's the only logical scenario Ryan stays on the Office, right? But it just doesn't seem that it would happen in real life. If that happened to a young, cocky executive, I'd highly doubt he'd stay with the same company, let alone same branch.

If it happens, the show is probably officially considered a sitcom and people will be saying it has "jumped the shark".

If it happens, the show is probably officially considered a sitcom and people will be saying it has "jumped the shark".

I don't think Ryan going back to Scranton would necessarily be out of line for how some of the other situations have happened on the show. Sure, it most likely wouldn't happen in reality but if this were real life, no way Michael is still at the company. Same for Andy after his tirade.

Now if Ryan gets demoted and Jan gets her old job back, then I may consider the show to be jumping the shark.

Ryan coming back to the office and Jan getting her job back seems like it would happen in the end of the series finally of the show. Ending with Michael turning out the lights of the office and having a smile on his face because his life is now back to normal. This of course would be after Jim and Pam get married.

He would be the awesome solo artist with the creepy look on his face like 2/3 of the way through. The only reason I knew who he was at the beginning of the show is cause my parents told me he was in some band (I think I was 16 when it started.)

He would be the awesome solo artist with the creepy look on his face like 2/3 of the way through. The only reason I knew who he was at the beginning of the show is cause my parents told me he was in some band (I think I was 16 when it started.)

I think you mean he was 16 when it started? Cause you weren't even a thought at that point.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived