Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
Count me in the camp of thinking last night's episode sucked. Sure the Wendy's thing was funny. And Creed's 15 seconds were indeed funny. And I did like the 5 families description. But I agree with whoever said they were reaching for the most part.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, but to those who said they were reaching last night, how would you describe last week's episode? That was much more of a reach to me.

I'll agree it definitely looked like Pam would say no if Jim proposed. That would probably make the show less enjoyable. That's fine if you want to have a romantic aspect or whatever, but when they have scenes together it's like it's not supposed to be humorous. It's just them talking about something and the audience is supposed to think "aww they're cute!" like it's a romantic movie or something.

The Pam Jim thing seems really forced. He's pretty obviously going to get shot down.

Aside from that, I really liked everything else. I was dying when Dwight was describing the magazine girl's death.

Michael: So innocent.

Dwight: Apparently, she was stoned.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I think the Pam/Jim back story is good for the show. I actually think the romance is done well and not cheesy. As long as it stays playful and not dramatic. Serious drama is what ruins that show.

I thought the episode was pretty funny. Michael's entire take on being single had me laughing pretty much throughout the entire show. Andy and Kevin getting the parking back was pretty funny, too. "I did it for the little guy."
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Weirdest episode ever! I need to watch it again before I say that I hate it, but it was just too weird. The show is starting to cross the line that it's walked pretty brilliantly before.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Huh. I really liked that episode. I thought it was hilarious.

I liked it too. Toby's scene stole it again. Just amazingly funny. Dwight was really great this week. "Amazon woman." Pouring out the drink. Really a different feel than most episodes. Michael gets on my nerves but I'm a sucker for his impressions quickly followed by where they're from so I liked the Swingers quote.

30 Rock was great as usual. If you take out the first episode after the writers strike, "Milf Island", it has had an incredible run going for over a year now.

I don't understand how they left last weeks episode with so much emphasis on Pam and Jim, but then tonight they didn't even touch on them really? I thought tonight was pretty funny, but it didn't seem to fit the mold from the past few seasons.

I'm pretty sure that with every episode there will be some people who just don't like it (not always the same people). That was probably my favorite episode in more than a season.

Oh, a lot of calories in here.

Well don't leave it on too long.

After thinking about it this was easily the best one of the short post-strike season. I love Dwight's subtle lines that make him sound crazy: "It's a fire hazard." The whole Ryan on drugs thing was kind of weird, I don't think they've really had anything that "serious" before.

It was pretty serious for the office, but it was easy to see that Ryan was going to fall pretty hard with how arrogant he got so quickly. It makes sense that he could fall into drugs after getting caught up in his own NY hype.

It was pretty serious for the office, but it was easy to see that Ryan was going to fall pretty hard with how arrogant he got so quickly. It makes sense that he could fall into drugs after getting caught up in his own NY hype.

I guess that's what I didn't like about it. Ryan being a coke head is plausible, but it just seemed a bit over the top. Dwight the ladies man was hilarious.

I liked the in-office stuff OK. Jim is always almost too cool most of the time and they took him down a few notches tonight.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived