Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think the Michael and Jan relationship is the worst part about the show. I really could care less if Jan's character is even on the show. They both make me cringe.

Definitely need to return to the Office. Part of the charm of the show is that it was almost all shown in and around that building.

My favorite characters (in order)

1. Kevin

2. Jim

3. Dwight

4. Pam

5. Creed

6. Stanley

you guys get your wish, and i think this weeks has good potential

Michael's (Steve Carell) fascination with a woman modeling a chair in an office supply catalog makes him feel things he hasn't felt in a while. With Michael distracted, Kevin (Brian Baumgartner) and Andy (Ed Helms) team up to win back Dunder Mifflin's stolen parking spaces, forcing them into a showdown with the bosses of the five businesses of the office park

I thought last week's episode was a classic--the uncomfortable humor of the BBC Office with that whimsical treatment that the US version has. I could survive without the other characters for a week.

I agree with this. It had that very uncomfortable weird humor that Ricky Gervais always brought to the BBC series.

I do like the preview for this weeks show, has some major potential. This is still my favorite show on TV no doubt. I have the first three seasons on DVD and could watch them over and over.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

"Every day I get a little more desperate. desperate situations yield the quickest results"

"We won't let you down!"

"You can't because I don't care"

"I will find her. I will bring her to you. And with God as my witness, she will bear your fruit"

And of course:

"Bye bye miss chair model lady

I dreamt that we were married and you treated me nice

We had lots of kids

Drinking whiskey and rye

Why'd you have to go off and die?

Why'd you have to go off and die?"

On the whole I thought it was a lot funnier than last weeks. I was really cracking up during Andy's touching speech and dance toward the end, and I loved Michael and Dwight at the end singing American Pie. I'm so upset Jan might not be in many episdoes any more!

The whole Jim/Pam thing might get annoying, though. How long have they actually been dating, he's doing to all of a sudden propose to her?

The line of the night was when Kevin wrote down the phone number for Wendy's and put "hot juicy redhead" under the description. Michael walked right into that one, and I was laughing so hard I had to stand up so I didn't fall out of my chair.

I liked this episode quite a bit. I had this DVR'd and I must have missed them singing American Pie at the end so that sucks.

On another note, I dunno if anyone watches 30 Rock but the episode was hilarious. Last weeks was probably the worst of the series, but tonite was a huge bounce back episode. Dean Winters was classic.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I thought it sucked for the most part. Maybe I need to watch it again.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The line of the night was when Kevin wrote down the phone number for Wendy's and put "hot juicy redhead" under the description. Michael walked right into that one, and I was laughing so hard I had to stand up so I didn't fall out of my chair.

Yeah that had me laughing out loud. Very funny.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Personally, I thought last night was awful. It was reaching the entire episode. A friend of mine thinks the show is about to jump the shark, I hope he is wrong. At least 30 Rock gave laughs and Scrubs improved a bit but still is down.

I didn't think it was good at all. The humor isn't the same as it was in the first two seasons, and I'm really not laughing much at all anymore. Scrubs has surpassed the Office as my favorite show.

I think we pretty much have to accept it will never be as funny as it was in season 2. I'd be extremely surprised if they every string together a few episodes in a row that are as funny as that season was. I still thought last night's was really good, much better than last week.

I still enjoy watching Scrubs, but the last couple seasons really haven't been as good as the first 3 or 4.

Last night's episode definitely had its moments, though they could have done more with the meeting of the five families. 30 Rock has been rolling this season (nothing though will beat Tracy Morgan telling a pigeon to show some self respect from early this season)

This just may be a hunch, but I think Pam is going to say no to Jim when he asks.

Yep. After he told her that he's gonna eventually propose at her desk, while walking away she looked relieved. And if they did get married, The Office would probably lose a lot of it's original audience.

Archived