Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly didn't think it was that funny. There were a couple good moments, and I realize a large intent of the show is to have awkward moments, but after like the 8th awkard moment with Jan and Michael fighting it got kind of old. I personally think Jan was funnier before she was completely psycho, so I guess I kind of hope she's not a central character that much anymore.

It was nice to have the shows back but I'm with ya Glennron. Jan and Michael fighting and being really awkward is only funny for so long. Jan was such an awesome character Seasons 2 and 3. Now I cannot even stand when she appears on screen. I thought Andy and Angela, and also Dwight were the bright spots in the episode. Andy's hilarous. He steals every scene he's in imo.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That is definitely an episode you need to watch a few times to catch all the one liners. Hilarious.

"An oaken after birth"

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"3 hours?!?!" was my favorite line, followed closely behind by all the looks into the camera by Jim and Pam throughout the episode.

Believe it or not, I've been to a dinner party that was very much like that, full of awkwardness. It wasn't fun.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I just thought of another one.

When they were touring the bedroom and Michael had that camera pointing at the bed. Classic.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I also enjoyed the painting of Jan's face above the staircase.

This episode was much better the second time I watched it. I missed a lot of stuff the first time. I was disappointed, however that this was the first episode since November, and it was out of the office. I wanted to see more Stanley, Creed, and everyone else.

I wanted to see more Stanley, Creed, and everyone else.

I agree. It wasn't a bad episode but Stanley and Creed are much funnier/more interesting than Jan. I don't want them to become main characters, because they (mostly Creed) are best in small doses. Plus there was no Kevin/Phyllis/Toby/Oscar etc.

Did anyone else catch the lyrics to Hunter's song?

I caught those too. I was like "what the...?" I'm very certain that it was in reference to our friend Jan. I wonder if Michael will figure this out. Or if Jim and Pam have figured it out.

I thought it was rather evident that everyone knew that the song was about Jan.

Yeah didn't he compare him to James Vander Beek in season 3. Which is laugh out loud funny.

Watched the episode again. Better than the first time but still not feeling it. Jan's character used to play off Michael's so much better when she was in Corporate. Now every scene with her is cringe worthy in a bad way, and really ruins my enjoyment. I just hate the arc they have been getting at with Jan's jealousy of Pam thinking she likes Michael. I know she's supposed to be crazy, but Jan saw how Michael repulsed her when he's at work during seasons 1 thru 3. Just so over the top.

I hope tomorrow is more office themed. Need some Toby. Think he and Andy are the funniest.

Archived