Brewer Fanatic

The Office - Season 4

sbrylski

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a link to an NBC teaser commercial from a couple weeks ago..it's regarding "what everyone did over summer". There's not much aside from one major development..so I think it's worth a watch before Season 4 starts.

I posted a link to an NBC teaser commercial from a couple weeks ago..it's regarding "what everyone did over summer". There's not much aside from one major development..so I think it's worth a watch before Season 4 starts.

If I didn't think it would be in somewhat bad taste (out of context at least) I'd change my signature to "Scranton? I think I dated a black girl." Classic.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Can't wait! The best show that isn't on HBO, although it is just about as good as Entourage and Flight of The Conchords. I still have to buy season 3 on dvd, I got the first 2. I expect this season to be no different from the first two, it will be funny.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Season 4 starts 9-27

I'm picking up season 3 and maybe taking a few days to watch it before season 4 starts. Love this show. However, I am concerned that Pam and Jim being together may turn out to be a bad thing for the show all together. I can just see that being even more of a topic than it has in the past.

Season 4 starts 9-27

I'm picking up season 3 and maybe taking a few days to watch it before season 4 starts. Love this show. However, I am concerned that Pam and Jim being together may turn out to be a bad thing for the show all together. I can just see that being even more of a topic than it has in the past.

I actually like that aspect of the show. That's what the show is about, IMO, with all the crazy characters and much of the humor going on around them.

well, I finally watched the pilot and second episode on TBS last night (first time I've ever watched The Office). It was enjoyable. Not laugh out loud funny but still funny. I'll keep watching in hopes that it gets better. So many others say it does, so I'll take your word for it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think the first season was pretty much like the original BBC Office, but americanized(the plots were similar). I liked the BBC version better because some of the stuff didn't translate well(Yes English isn't exactly English). The Office is better now than it was then. The US version has run longer than the BBC version, but I think that has more to do with the creators, at least one of them, having a short attention span.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The American version clearly has more depth into their characters - even the side ones. I think everything beyond mid season one really seperated itself.

I know more than a few people that 'love' the BBC version because they discovered it before their roommate/friend/brother. It's fine and dandy, but the American version goes much farther.

That said, Gareth rocks.

• 2 weeks later...
The American version clearly has more depth into their characters - even the side ones. I think everything beyond mid season one really seperated itself.

I know more than a few people that 'love' the BBC version because they discovered it before their roommate/friend/brother. It's fine and dandy, but the American version goes much farther.

That said, Gareth rocks.

Well said, Im a big fan of both and own both.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I've been watching the first season episodes on TBS (first time ever watching it) and I've got to say, I love it. The episode tonight where Dwight takes away the health care and people start making up random diseases to be covered cracked me up. "Hot dog fingers?!" I think I'm going to have to rent seasons 2 and 3 and DVR the new ones so I can get caught up.

??

I am concerned that Pam and Jim being together may turn out to be a bad thing for the show all together. I can just see that being even more of a topic than it has in the past.

?
Dido.? I like that part of the show, but I will lose respect for the show in a sense if it becomes too much about the Jim/Pam thing.?

On another note, the Summer Vaction promos were great.? I like Ryan's the best.

Archived