Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day 2008

brwrsfan

Due to our incredibly dumb work policy, I have to submit all of my vacation requests for next year by the end of September. I know the Brewers schedule isn't out yet for next year but does anybody have an idea about when the home opener will be?? or when they will release the official date? Based upon past years, I've pinned it down to these dates. Just trying to get a feel for when most people think it would be.

Monday, March 31st
Friday, April 4th
Monday, April 7th
Friday, April 11th

Any thoughts? Am I missing something obvious here? My best guess is Monday, April 7th...

I could be wrong, but I think in past years they have released the following years schedule before the end of September. Of course, by then, everyone was usually looking forward to next year anyways.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm almost positive the Brewers will start the year off at home, based on the April weather issues and us having a retractable roof. As long as we dont win the world series (giving them the sunday night ESPN game), they should start the first Monday at home. Whether that is the 31st or April 7th, I have no idea.

There's a poster on another message who has said that Opening Day will be Sunday, March 30, with the first game for the rest of the teams taking place on Monday, March 31. I'll look for the link when I get a chance.

Isn't the Sunday Opening Night game reserved for the previous year's World Series winner?

There's a poster on another message who has said that Opening Day will be Sunday, March 30, with the first game for the rest of the teams taking place on Monday, March 31. I'll look for the link when I get a chance.

Isn't the Sunday Opening Night game reserved for the previous year's World Series winner?

Yeah, the WS winner will get their rings on 3/30, and the regular season for the other 28 teams will open on 3/31.

most teams actually do the ring ceremony for the 2nd home game of the year. Opening Day has enough festivities involved in it, and they get to raise the championship banner.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Due to our incredibly dumb work policy, I have to submit all of my vacation requests for next year by the end of September.

How many people does your company employ? Is that hard for them to put together a vacation schedule? Vacation is my most important perk and I can't imagine taking a job at a place with a policy like this? Did you know this when you took the job?

Archived