Brewer Fanatic

09/10/2007 Milwaukee (Villanueva) at Pittsburgh (Armas) 6:05 pm CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pirates are paying us back for the Eagles loss here!
The Eagles play in Philly. Maybe it's because the Packers beat the Steelers in preseason.

I know that, but if say Green Bay had a baseball team and Milwaukee had a football team I'd still cheer for both~

I think Philly and Pittsburgh fans would rather eat nails than root for both.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

I dunno, could very well be, I've never been to Pennsylvania. It was supposed to be a joke but I guess it was more fun to try to pick it apart than take it for what it was. I lived in Fla for a while and never found them to hate the other teams in the state, it can't be universal.

Pirates are paying us back for the Eagles loss here!
The Eagles play in Philly. Maybe it's because the Packers beat the Steelers in preseason.

I know that, but if say Green Bay had a baseball team and Milwaukee had a football team I'd still cheer for both~

I think Philly and Pittsburgh fans would rather eat nails than root for both.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif
I dunno, could very well be, I've never been to Pennsylvania. It was supposed to be a joke but I guess it was more fun to try to pick it apart than take it for what it was. I lived in Fla for a while and never found them to hate the other teams in the state, it can't be universal.

It probably isn't but most Florida fans are fairweather/indifferent. Philly and Pittsburgh fans are rabid and I suspect they don't like eachother.

I realize its only one game, but are we really going to see another season come to a screetching halt in Pittsburgh? Really? I can see the obitiuary now...

2007 Milwaukee Brewers:

Born April 2, 2007. Found eternal rest on September 12, 2007. Enjoyed roller coasters, teasing fans, creating opportunities for their opponents, and squandering leads. Survived by Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, and many other bad and mediocre teams across MLB. Cause of death: Flight to Pittsburgh.

As my good friend Elvis used to say (actually it was more of a way of life), TCB! Taking a series from the Pirates (home or away) would constitute TCB for a team with designs on winning a division. You pretty much get the record/season you deserve, and if you consistently go into PNC and let the Pirates beat you like a drum, you just aren't going to end up with a very good season. The Brewers have 2 more days to TCB, or risk letting a golden opportunity get away.

I realize its only one game, but are we really going to see another season come to a screetching halt in Pittsburgh? Really? I can see the obitiuary now...

2007 Milwaukee Brewers:

Born April 2, 2007. Found eternal rest on September 12, 2007. Enjoyed roller coasters, teasing fans, creating opportunities for their opponents, and squandering leads. Survived by Chicago Cubs, St. Louis Cardinals, and many other bad and mediocre teams across MLB. Cause of death: Flight to Pittsburgh.

Naivin- very nice.

(Edited- added text for clarity)

Estrada threw out a base runner.....sorta....

What happened? I missed it and all Yahoo says is "A. LaRoche out at third". Did johnny show some skill?

He let a ball get by him (shock) and it bounced right back to him off the wall and LaRoche was kind of half assing it to 3rd and he got him.

Man how quick some of you are to declare the season dead again after one bad game. It was a miserable, disappointing game to be sure, but we've seen plenty to be happy about with this team again lately. We knew going in we had the odds against us playing there. Does it make sense? No. But we could still take the series and I'd be estatic to get out of there with 2 of 3.

That's it. Season over. The Brewers have never been blown out before. And they definitely have never been blown out and come back to win the series.

The Packers' win was a fluke. Here comes a 1-15 season.

Yi will single-handedly cause the Bucks to move to Las Vegas.

Man how quick some of you are to declare the season dead again after one bad game. It was a miserable, disappointing game to be sure, but we've seen plenty to be happy about with this team again lately. We knew going in we had the odds against us playing there. Does it make sense? No. But we could still take the series and I'd be estatic to get out of there with 2 of 3.

Agreed. All that matters is how we respond after a horrible game like this. We're gonna have bad games like this on the road, though you just hope they aren't this bad or this close together. Taking 2 of 3 on the road against any team sits fine with me. Hopefully we respond the same way we did Saturday after getting shalacked by the Reds Friday.

I just read through the entire thread, and failed to find anyone who declared the season over. I saw a lot of frustration with the terrible game tonight, as well as plenty of fear that we could be seeing more of what we have become used to in Pittsburgh, which IF it happens would more than likely be a potentially fatal blow. Personally, I'd be thrilled with 2 out of 3, disappointed with 1 out of 3, and ready to pack it in if we get swept. Some of you need to learn to read entire posts and take them for what they are, not what you try to turn them into.

I just read through the entire thread, and failed to find anyone who declared the season over. I saw a lot of frustration with the terrible game tonight, as well as plenty of fear that we could be seeing more of what we have become used to in Pittsburgh, which IF it happens would more than likely be a potentially fatal blow. Personally, I'd be thrilled with 2 out of 3, disappointed with 1 out of 3, and ready to pack it in if we get swept. Some of you need to learn to read entire posts and take them for what they are, not what you try to turn them into.

I was just going to read through the thread myself, because I couldn't remember anyone saying the season was over either. Kinda goes back to what I asked earlier, do some people even watch the game, or now even read the thread first before posting?

I thought what Naivin wrote in the fake obituary was funny (and notice the 9/12/07 date on it) -- It was better than the John Donovan/SI obit thing.

Oh, and yeah, season's over.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

I'm not going to split hairs on what was said by anyone. Did anyone technically say the words "this season is over," I don't think so. Did I get an impression from a lot of this thread that people were waiting to toss it in again? Yes. If that doesn't sit well with you that's fine, but its my impression and hardly worth condescending posts about any other users or their reading comprehension skills.

Archived