Brewer Fanatic

09/10/2007 Milwaukee (Villanueva) at Pittsburgh (Armas) 6:05 pm CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jenks doing nothing in his ab kinda set the tone for the rest of that inning.
I'm surprised he has an OPS over 1.000 this month. Sure doesn't seem like it.

Are you serious?

Yeah he had two good games in a row (the last game of the Houston series and the one before or after that can't remember and don't feel like looking it up again) but other than that he's been horrible. And he was pretty bad in August too.

Are you serious?

Yeah he had two good games in a row (the last game of the Houston series and the one before or after that can't remember and don't feel like looking it up again) but other than that he's been horrible. And he was pretty bad in August too.

Wow, I never would've guessed. I knew he was bad in August, but I never would have thought he was over a 1.000 OPS in September. Of course, I suppose he's only played in 5 games or so.

There's not much bad you can say about Ryan Braun, but it's sure an adventure every time you see him throw the ball to 1st.

Yep everytime a grounder gets hit over to him I find myself saying in my head. Oh please over and over.

Are you serious?

One month is a very small sample in general, when you add in being part of a platoon it really doesn't take more than 2 or 3 good games a month to make your stats look decent.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This ump is really inconsistent.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am really glad for CV that there wasn't any damage done there, because he sure didn't deserve it. He should've been out of the inning about 10 pitches earlier, though.

Don't call that damn corner all game and then randomly decide in the 4th inning to change your mind. That's crap. And he did it to 2 consecutive hitters. Armas was even surprised earlier in the game about the calls he was getting.

Two totally different strike zones tonight. Armas gets half a foot off each corner and called strikes up to the chin while Villanueva has to beg for a strike call. No "damage" last inning on the scoreboard, but Carlos never should have needed to throw that many pitches and it doesn't bode well for the innings that follow..... Super bad feeling right now.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Nice DP, now Villy has to lead off the next inning.

Good grief. What is it about PNC? I am convinced that the team decided several years ago that there aren't enough days off during the season, and thus decided that they would all give themselves the day off every time they come to Pittsburgh. Now, it's just become tradition.

Archived