Brewer Fanatic

9/9/2007: Brewers (Sheets) at Reds (Dumatrait)

brettac1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Well in Bush's case the defense made him get about 6 outs in the 1st to get through it, in this case we were crushing the ball. "

Well, Ennder, at least you're consistent. You'll obviously make excuses for Dave Bush, even when he himself won't.

In Friday's 1st inning, Josh Hamilton's leadoff double was Bush's fault. Alex Gonzalez was next, and all JJ could do, was to slow it down for an infield single. I'll grant you Griffey's ball hit at Weeks. Brandon Phillips hit a slow tapper. He's fast and would have beaten Hardy's throw to 1st, so I can't blame JJ for that one. Maybe, godforbid, if Bush struck him out, induced him to pop up, or some other positive outcome, further damage could have been prevented. Then Dunn singled. Encarnacion drove in 2 runs with yet another single. Then Joey Votto ripped a double for 2 more runs.

Did Bush make excuses? Did he attribute his outing to bad luck?

Nope.

His words: "I got my ass kicked, plain and simple."

That's good enough for me...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

I'm sorry, I know ben spiked the ball, but a MLB catcher has to stop it. Get your damn body in front of the ball and knock it down. there is a guy on 3rd you have to do everything you can to get in front of it. I can't stand estrada

Estrada tries to backhand it instead of blocking it, and the ball went by him.

Archived