Brewer Fanatic

Led Zeppelin Reunion

brettac1

I'm curious to how they will end up sounding

The only aging old guys that i've seeing in concert so far has been Floyd/Roger Waters and the shows sounded great. It's pretty amazing to me how many of these old guys have reunited with their bands to tour again over the last 5-10 years. There is alot of cash to be made though, people in their 30's to 50's have money and are willing to fork out big cash to see bands from their youth. Even for myself, i paid 110 bucks for my ticket to see Roger Waters at Summerfest.

Makes me wonder if in 20 years or so if Marylin Manson is still alive, will he go back on tour with gray hair and supporting a new cd that's getting play on the oldies station?

Any word as to if they will be releasing the recording of the show? I am really curious to hear what they sound like.

I'd bank on it getting bootlegged. Now, whether or not it is a decent sounding recording is another story. I wouldn't expect an official release, though, just because Page is a renowned perfectionist, and I doubt they were anywhere near perfect tonight (though all I have seen is that they were very good).

Ripping on Rage? I think Rage is pretty big for I guess my generation. Their political awareness has influenced an entire generation. But Zep is timeless, wish I could have gone to the concert.

I'm a pretty big Rage fan especially when i'm in certain moods, their sound can really get me going. With that said, their whole the US is so evil theme in so many of their songs can get a little tiring for me at times. There are some songs by them where i love the music, but i ignore the meaning they are trying to get across with the lyrics.

As far as ROTM goes I agree with danzig. My political beliefs are about 180 degrees different and the whole fake Marxist thing really turns me off. But I still listen to their first album all the time. It's just so incredibly powerful and passionate that I can't help but enjoy it.

but to even consider RATM in the same ballpark as Zeppelin is asinine.

I feel bad for today's generation, they really have no classic music that stands the test of time like we had/have.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really can't stand rap-rock so I'm not a big rage fan, but it's hard to find a more "important" band in the last 15 years.

And man, I guess I'm not too up-to-date on the latest with Led Zeppelin, but I would never have recognized Robert Plant.

I feel bad for today's generation, they really have no classic music that stands the test of time like we had/have.

Thats the beauty of art it's subjective. To some Zeppelin is trash and New Kids On The Block is the greatest. I take Rage for what they are, bring awareness to issues. They speak for social justice in an extreme way. I love classic rock (IMO Beatles are the best band of all time, influenced everyone), but to say there is no classic music that won't last the test of time seems a bit shortsighted. Who knows.. I'm sure people said the same exact thing about Zepp when they were big.

Part of it is it's a whole different world with how music is delivered today compared to the past.In the 60's/70's/80's, for the most part the only new music people got to hear is what the radio stations allowed them to hear. Unless someone got tired of hearing what the big radio stations force fed them and actively searched out something different, there were few alternatives. Around 80-90% of people were listening to the same stuff being played on the few major FM stations in their area.

Kids today often don't listen to the radio much and they find most of the music they like via the net and word of mouth from friends. I have a teenage daughter and she almost never listens to the radio and nor do her friends. She searches out and finds new music all over the net and she listens to tons of various artists. In decades like the 70's/80's, most people liked 10-20 bands alot and would keep buying each new albums those bands put out every year or two. So it was easier for some bands to get bigger than maybe their musical skills should have dictated, music fans had fewer options and back then they had stronger ties to artists they liked.

Many kids today don't buy full cd's and then wait patiently for that bands next cd to come out like kids in the past. Instead they listen to only the couple songs they like by bands on their computer or IPOD along with the hundreds/thousands of various songs/artists in their music libraries. Then they hear something else new they like and that gets added, but they don't sit around like we did playing a whole album from one band.

There used to be a very strong band allegiance by fans in the 60's/70's/80's, it's not the same anymore and IMO prevents single bands from getting really big among the youth today compared to decades ago. My daughter will play 3-4-5 songs alot by a band she loves at the time, then 6 months later, they are all deleted and she likes 10 different new bands or solo artists i never heard of before.

On the wrong side of 30, I think I've been able to expand my horizons a little bit with the Ipod. I have come across several different bands that I have grown to really like and experience more of their music than ever just by borrowing someone's cd and copying it.(ex. Social Distortion and Bouncing Souls) I actually get to listen to the whole album, if I choose, several times before I decide what I want to keep/subtract. I love the whole album thing, but somethimes there are not enough good songs on one that justifies buying it when only 4-8 songs are worth it. My belief is most bands today are just taking shortcuts and trying to get those few songs out there so people like me buy them, and they make their profit/quick few bucks.

Edit: I would actually pay to see the reunion tour, depending on how affordable it is.

Tonight's setlist:

Good Times, Bad Times

Ramble On

Black Dog

In My Time of Dying

For Your Life

Trampled Under Foot

Nobody's Fault But Mine

No Quarter

Since I've Been Loving You

Dazed and Confused

Stairway to Heaven

The Song Remains the Same

Misty Mountain Hop

Kashmir

Encore:

Whole Lotta Love

Rock and Roll

Brett, Here's set II

Immigrant Song (Don't know if Plant Can hit those notes)

Over the Hills and Far Away

Gallows Pole

Heartbreaker/ Living, Loving Maid

Communication Breakdown

The Girl I Love Has Long Black Wavy Hair

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Fool In the Rain

Achilles Last Stand

Tangerine

Your Time Is Gonna Come

In The Evening

The Ocean