Brewer Fanatic

9/8/2007: Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Harang), at 6:10 PM CT (DirecTV Channel 658 outside Milwaukee)

TerraceReserved
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm surprised they pitched to Estrada, given how they just as easily could have put him on without fear of him scoring on anything less than a triple, and then had a lefty face Counsell. But all is well that ends well for Burton and the Reds.

I believe a triple is not possible for a hitter batting behind Estrada, unless they hit one over the fence and elect to stop at 3rd base.

Ah, the sweet memories of Mike Rivera playing catcher return.

On a related note, I just threw up.

Actually, I thought Rivera did a pretty solid job for us last year in a few months work. Certainly didn't make me miss Chad Moeller. Not bad defensively, either.

So...biggest win in terms of keeping pace with the Cubs, or most disappointing loss in terms of keeping pace with the Cubs?

I'm just praying that Valentin won't be up with the game on the line. If we don't take the lead next inning, should be interesting to see who Ned uses for the bottom.

Ah, the sweet memories of Mike Rivera playing catcher return.

On a related note, I just threw up.

Actually, I thought Rivera did a pretty solid job for us last year in a few months work. Certainly didn't make me miss Chad Moeller. Not bad defensively, either.

Rivera isn't a terrible receiver, but his arm isn't any better than Estrada's.

Archived