Brewer Fanatic

9/8/2007: Brewers (Suppan) at Reds (Harang), at 6:10 PM CT (DirecTV Channel 658 outside Milwaukee)

TerraceReserved

Seriously, Brewers. If you don't want the playoffs, just keep wasting away chances such as this. Stop playing like crap, you're so much better than the fold-o-matic team you somehow turn into on the road.

EDIT: Honestly, Miller - 4 straight, nearly identical fastballs to nearly the exact same spot in the zone, and you can't drive one of them? That's simply < major league hitting.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeff Suppan.....worst signing in team history? Taking into account salary vs performance, has there been a worse pitcher in the league this year? Still waiting for that great "2nd half" that Suppan was supposed to have. He will be an albatross on this franchise for the duration of his stay. Just a terrible pitcher.

Taking into account salary vs performance, has there been a worse pitcher in the league this year?

How about Matsuzaka with his 4.44 ERA on a very strong defensive team or a case could be made for Zambrano given the team fielding behind him.

I think I've seen this game before, Suppan holds them here, we score 1 or 2 runs in the 6th, they score a bunch in the 6th and 7th and we lose.

Yeah, no kidding.....funny about the Dice-K thing to, I just said that to my buddy.....they actually paid $40M or whatever just to negotiate with that guy? Suppan is still just awful.....just can't keep mega-slugger Joey Votto down!

Four of Suppans five innings were three up three down. Sadly that one inning everyone who reached base scored. Two hit, a walk = 3 runs. Rough night

You actually say what happened in the inning and then you say it was a rough night? Huh? He gave up a couple of hits, one of which was a nub job that happened to be in the perfect spot. Hardly a rough night. Last night was a rough start. I dont know what people expect out of a pitcher. No runs and no hits. Harang must not be having a good night either.

Bases loaded no outs in the 7th for the Pirates and they get 1 run with Marmol shutting down the door. Must be nice seeing your best RP in games when it counts instead of sitting in the dugout hoping to hold leads until the 9th.

is anyone watching this game on out of town feed? (cincinnati announcers). They are unbelievably bad! The fly ball to end the sixth by Phillips was "to the warning track" - actually 25 feet in front of it. Suppan's pitch to K Griffey before that was "lucky to get one by him." This is painful. C'mon, how about a rally to shut these guys up...

Deadly Nedly screws us again.

EDIT: I will back off on this, Ennder. The call could have gone either way, to leave Suppan in to bunt or not. I thought he should've, but I think I just reacted more out of frustration after the DP. If he had, it's 3-3 right now, but I guess I can't really blame him for not doing so, it's not like it was a no-brainer.

Archived