Brewer Fanatic

AL MVP race

mls4
We have a NL MVP discussion, but here's my thoughts on the AL race. I've seen it said that it's between A-Rod and Ordonez and I agree that they are probably the favorites, but don't forget about Vladimir Guerrero. He's not some distant 3rd. He's having another solid season, and can you even imagine what that Angels lineup would look like without him? That has to be some of the best $70 million ever spent on a baseball player.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think ARod will win in a landslide.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ichiro has been more valuable to his team (a team that can't hit or pitch) than ARod, but ARod will probably win. There's always the possibility of the voters being stupid like last year and voting for another Morneau.

You know, I didn't even really think of Ichiro. That is actually not a bad choice. I just hope that Seattle can get ahead of NY for the wild card. They have been on a pretty bad slide.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived