Brewer Fanatic

Should "Joba Rules" apply to Turnbow?

NYChez

Joba Rules!?...JoBU rules should apply to Turnbow

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/KiLLaCaMX/jobu.jpg

Anyway, I agree with TeamCanada. It seems pretty evident when "Good Turnbow" is out there or "Bad Turnbow." The leash has at least gotten a little shorter, but all in all, if Turnbow starts an inning by walking two hitters, there often is no good that comes of that. I know that is true of most pitchers, but at least some can get out of it, Turnbow doesn't seem to have that ability yet.

A few stats I hear on the radio yesterday

Turnbow's Era when pitching with 1-2 days rest: UNDER 0.70

Turnbow's Era when pitching with 0 days rest: OVER 8.00

Ouch.

I'm thinking maybe we need 2 different 8th inning guys for the rest of the season to avoid Turn-blow pitching in 2 straight games...

What's really weird about this is that it's never been a problem for him before this year:

YR.........IP (on 0 days rest).....ERA (on 0 days rest).....overall ERA

05....................26.2...............................2.03.............................1.74

06....................14.2...............................6.43.............................6.87

07....................21.2...............................8.72.............................4.32

I generally tend to agree with a lot of the Yost criticism around these parts, but I'm not so sure he should be give such a hard time about this issue. He had two seasons worth of evidence that Turnbow is the same pitcher (however good or however bad) on zero days rest as he is the rest of the time (Whether he is actually aware of said evidence is a separate question).

Archived