9/7/2007: Brewers (Bush) at Reds (Arroyo), 6:10pm CT

thablingster

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/7807/97igtoj2.gif

TV: FSN

Radio: WTMJ 620 & affiliates

Other NL Central Action:

Cubs (Hill) vs. Pirates (Gorzelanny)

Astros (Rodriguez) vs. Mets (Pelfrey)

Cardinals (Wainwright) vs. Diamondbacks (Webb)

The march to the playoffs begins today! We only have to be better than the Cubs and Cardinals for 23 games.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This looks to be a good pitching matchup. Plus, we owe Arroyo for that last outing - afterwards he noted how unpatient we were, essentially laughing at us without actually laughing. Our offense seems to be red-hot right now (even without a 14-run outburst, I'd still feel that way, but it obviously doesn't hurt), and I hope we can carry that into one of the best hitter's parks in all of MLB. LET'S GO CREW!
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have absolutely no good feelings about the Brewers playing at GABP. Bush will most likely get rocked. That said, Sheets return has somehow made the starters pitch better. Brewers control their destiny now so hopefully they find a way to win on the road. Especially GABP.

Actually, Bush has been much better this year in Cincinnati over last year. In this year's 2 starts, he's given up 4 runs in 5+ innings, and was in line to win one before the bullpen gave it up. In the other, the Brewers came back but lost in extra innings.

In his 2 starts there in 2006, Bush gave up 6 runs in 3 innings, and 7 runs in 4 innings, getting pounded in the 1st inning both times and never giving the Brewers a chance.

Arroyo, on the other hand, won his only appearance against Milwaukee this year, at Miller Park last month. He gave up 3 solo HRs in 7+ innings but won.

In 2006, he split his 4 games against the Brewers. Twice he dominated, but two other times the Brewers were able to get enough runs to beat him.

Brewers vs Arroyo: (Expect to see Gross again in place of Hall...)

Gross .333 BA, .983 OPS, 2 HR in 22 PA

Jenkins .333, 1.067, 1 HR in 20 PA

Fielder .333, .913, 1 HR in 16 PA

Estrada .308, .895 in 14 PA

Hall .077, .220 in 14 PA

Mench .167, .417 in 12 PA

Weeks .100, .282 in 11 PA

Counsell .286, .661 in 8 PA

Hardy .286, 1.429, 2 HR in 7 PA

Dillon .250, .750 in 4 PA

Hart nothing in 4 PA

Braun a single in 3 PA

Bush nothing in 1 PA

Reds vs. Bush:

Hatteberg .400 BA, 1.205 OPS, 1 HR in 22 PA

Dunn .143, .508 in 17 PA

Phillips .313, .728 in 17 PA

Griffey .385, 1.429, 2 HR in 14 PA

Cantu .200, .500 in 10 PA

Encarnacion .222, .522 in 10 PA

Valentin .500, 1.000 in 6 PA

Hamilton .500, 1.167 in 3 PA

Keppinger .500 1.167 in 3 PA

Arroyo nothing in 2 PA

Gonzalez .500, 1.000 in 2 PA

Ross .500, 1.500 in 2 PA

Dear My Beloved Brewers,

I shall be flying over the great states of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota traveling back to the beloved home of the Brewers Milwaukee. Do not fret, and please do what you've been doing for the past 4 days I've been in Kansas and score a billion runs.

Kisses,

Aaron

I don't know, the matchups really favor sitting Billy against Arroyo, but as a Reds killer in the past, I'd have liked to see his mojo out there.

I think maybe "seeing his mojo" as a pinch-hitter late in a close game may work out just fine.

I'm not sure why, but all of a sudden I feel really really good about this series and the entire roadtrip. I feel all giddy!

Me too, but everytime I have been giddy this year, the Crew has let me down big time!

So I am no longer giddy... lol

Ned said the other day that he was managing like every game is his last game.

This line up shows he is for real... at least for now.

This should be the line-up every day against righties unless one of them not named Fielder or Braun suddenly goes in a 2 for 25 slump or something.

Substitute Hall for Gross, switch a few guys in the order, and there is your every day line up against lefties. Question is: Do you start Mench of Jenkins against Lefties???

If it's a really nasty lefty, I may lean towards Mench, but otherwise I may stick with Geoff

To me, this is the least attractive of the pitching matchups this weekend. So I guess it's good to get it over with. A win tonight, and it could be a very good weekend. A loss, and they can still hope to take two of three, even if Cy Harang is lying in wait...

Archived