Brewer Fanatic

where will laporta start the 08 season?

BREWCREW5
I think when it comes to fielding though Hart isn't a great defensive player quite yet. I think he has the potential. I think right now the athleticism we're seeing is purely from his natural speed. I think once he gets more comfortable in the outfield we'll see that speed and athleticism translate into possibly a great defensive player in the outfield.

Keep in mind, Hart had quite a few doubters around these parts while he was in the minors, at least before he reached the AAA level and kept on getting better and better. Some said his best position would be first base, and even more never felt he had the proper BB:AB ratio to succeed at the big-league level.

Also, I seem to remember looking at Hart's defensive metrics for his time playing in CF a year ago and they were pretty bad. You look at those same metrics this year and they're pretty good, which gives me some optimism for our stone-gloved big bats to improve on the field.

Archived