Brewer Fanatic

The Official "Prince Fielder for Most Valuable Player" Thread

brewcrewkid14

I don't know if it is necessary to start up this thread yet, but as we are approaching the last couple weeks of the season I thought it might be necessary to start this thread. Feel free to bump it in a week if it is too early. With his 41st homerun I think it might be necessary to begin the talk.

Don't get me wrong, it will be hard for Fielder to win the MVP if the Brewers don't make the playoffs, but he may be the only real liable canidate in the NL this year. I personally feel Hanley Ramirez could make it close with Prince, but because Prince leads the National League in homeruns, a stat that the MVP voters seem to favor, I think he's got Ramirez beat out. I don't think Reyes deserves it, although he is arguably the most exciting player in the NL. David Wright has been hot and is the other guy I think could make a run for it.

What do you guys think?

(edit: removed 'prince' tag; added 'awards' tag --1992)

Prince hasn't exactly had a big 2nd half so far. That and the Brewers coughed up a 8 game lead in the division. The Phillies have come back from the dead basically to make it a race in the East. So I guess it isn't surprising Fielder isn't in consideration. We had our 24-10 stretch at the wrong time of the year. Now most of the fans are unhappy and Fielder isn't in the MVP talk.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

ESPN.com had a MVP thing a few days ago and Prince's low RISP stuck out real bad compared to the others...he has no shot if the Brewers lose the division. If the Brewers get hot and Prince goes on a streak, I think he has a good shot at it. Think about this though...if all that happens Braun could possibly take a few votes away from Prince. Who would've thought?

I think if a Philly wins it, it should be Chase Utley instead of Rollins. He's hitting .050 points better, getting on base at a much better clip (.075 points better), and slugging better as well. He doesn't have the same number of homers, and he may be downgraded for being injured for a little while, but I still think he's a better option than Rollins. I also think Hanley should get it over Rollins as well as he is outdueling Rollins in those same three categories, and plays the same premium defensive position.

Granted it was ESPN and BBTN, so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, they also had Holliday as a legit candidate: a guy who hits a pedestrian .813 OPS away from Coors.

RISP doesn't matter for Prince - he's in "scoring position" when he's at the plate.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

Princes RBi's with RISP are great, its one of those silly stats.

It probably comes down to which teams make the playoffs, if PHI does Rollins wins it, if the Brewers make it Fielder wins it, if neither does it goes to Wright. Sad but true.

The fact that JJ Hardy is still leading that is almost embarrassing.
I think the Brewers have some sort of contest where if you vote for team MVP you are entered in a contest to have dinner with the winner. My guess is that there are a lot of females voting for Hardy.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

You got it right Patrick. The only reason my girlfriend voted was because she got a shot at dinner with the winning player. Of course all the ladies are thinking who'd they most like to have dinner with, not who's the team MVP!

I don't see where the confusion is. Prince is the front-runner right now. ESPN First Take also just validated such.

It wasnt Skip Bayless was it? That biggest idiot on ESPN. I think Prince is a major candidate along with Rollins and Wright. Home runs are very sexy and if Prince continues to lead the league and maybe gets near 120 RBI's hes got a very good shot. David Wright is the best player on probably the best team and Rollins is having an incredible year for SS. Fielder has better numbers than Wright except for BA.

By the way has anyone realized the incredible amount of K's Howards has? He is blowing away Adam Dunn in 16 fewer games. He has got a real shot of 200 K's.

Archived