Brewer Fanatic

Krynzel?

Is he hurt? I just had the notion to look up his stats and he only has 34 ABs on the season, for a BA just above the Mendoza line.

Just curious.

Nevermind, I see he's on the reserve list now, and Eveland is on the DL.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

What's up with Olympia Fats these days? I never liked Eveland but his numbers in the minors were quite good. I'm kind of surprised that he appears to be going the Hendrickson route. Luckily for the D-Backs he is still quite young (only Villanueva and Prince are younger than him among current Brewers).

Verified Member
Quote:
DD has been decent for the d-backs but his w-l record does not reflect that.

Doug Davis has given up 62 hits and 29 walks in 51 innings for a 1.78 whip and the league is batting almost .300 against him. I'd say his won-lost record is appropriate.

Krynzel hasn't hit for half-a-decade. He's a dime-a-dozen OF who can run and field.

Eveland was and is the key to the deal. He should at least be a loogy, maybe a decent relief guy, or possibly a #3/4 SP. He's still very young. His success will be how the trade is measured in a couple years.

The W-L record for the Brewers when DD pitched last year was better than any other starting pitcher on the team. I thought he pitched pretty horrible last year, but the Brewers seemed to win quite a bit when he pitched.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Doug Davis was a very good pitcher his first couple of years...last year he was serviceable...the brewers deployed him very well, and traded him at the right moment...

i hope he doesnt completely fall apart, but it's a smoke and mirrors act so far in AZ...i liked the guy, so i hope things go well...

I also like vargas and estrada, so i think the trade was great...

Archived