Brewer Fanatic

Corny Motivation Thread

hawing

http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/39/d0/b3187c92f6b5621463bcbf57d97a06e5.jpg

How the Rally Rabbit and Sandy Maxx have been omitted from this thread for so long is beyond my capacity. I apologize both on behalf of myself and the entire site!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The following is from Wednesday's Wisconsin State Journal in Madison, and I think it's worthy of this thread. I added some bold to the text at the end.

Link while active, text follows:

Pennant chase brews up drama
By ANDY BAGGOT

I don't know about you guys, but I really like the way this season has played out for the Brewers.

I'm not kidding.

I know some of you would have preferred Milwaukee coast into the postseason, which is how things looked in late June when it led the National League Central Division by 8 1/2 games.

That's when living was easy, the Cubs stunk and no one knew pitcher Chris Capuano was at the edge of the abyss and center fielder Bill Hall would look as stressed as the housing market.

If the Brewers still had that kind of lead with 12 games remaining, just think of how boring life would be right now.

Optimists would be reveling in 1,000 story lines, but mainly the end of the Paul Molitor Curse - Milwaukee's last winning season was in 1992, then the future Hall of Famer was inexplicably allowed to leave via free agency - and the timeless link between the Old School club that advanced to the World Series in 1982 and the Gen Next outfit in our midst 25 years later.

Pessimists, meanwhile, would be fretting about momentum and matchups for the playoffs, the wacky biorhythms of reliever Derrick Turnbow, the bookish way manager Ned Yost manipulates his pitching staff and the defensive shortcomings of third baseman Ryan Braun.

What fun would that be?

All great sports achievements come with some level of pain - psychological as well as physical - and that's true for ticket-buyers as well as those in uniform.

To be a follower of the Brewers means sweating every lead and every deficit until the final out is in the books. And as everyone has come to learn during this volatile stretch run, a 5-1 advantage with this club is as stressful as any hole, any time.

To be a follower of the Brewers means looking ahead to the tentative pitching matchups for the final 12 games and feeling your teeth clench. Lurking between now and the regular-season finale Sept. 30 are opposing studs such as Tim Hudson and John Smoltz of Atlanta and Greg Maddux of San Diego.

Who knows, if rotations get shortened or shuffled, then the Padres' Jake Peavy could look to fortify his NL Cy Young Award candidacy during that last regular-season series at Miller Park.

To be a follower of the Brewers means sweating the reality that so much is riding on the work of two young starting pitchers. One is a 21-year-old rookie who began the season in the minors (Yovani Gallardo) and the other is a 23-year-old converted long reliever who recently spent time at Class AAA Nashville (Carlos Villanueva).

To be a follower of the Brewers means expecting the best, so you're clearing your October calendar for NL playoff games at Miller Park.

To be a follower of the Brewers means preparing for the worst, so you're compiling a to-do list for the things that need attention around the house before the snow flies.

Anything worth achieving is worth fighting for. To be a follower of the Brewers means you embrace that now with all your baseball-loving soul.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just a little more time is all we're asking for

Cause just a little more time could open closing doors

Just a little uncertainty can bring you down

And nobody wants to know you now

And nobody wants to show you how

So if you're lost and on your own

You can never surrender

And if your path won't lead you home

You can never surrender

And when the night is cold and dark

You can see, you can see light

Cause no-one can take away your right

To fight and never surrender

With a little perserverence you can get things down

Without the blind adherence that has conquered some

And nobody wants to know you now

And nobody wants to show you how

So if you're lost and on your own

You can never surrender

And if your path won't lead you home

You can never surrender

And when the night is cold and dark

You can see, you can see light

Cause no-one can take away your right

To fight and never surrender, to never surrender!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived