Brewer Fanatic

9/5/2007: Astros (Albers) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:05pm CT

thablingster
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Crap! Three run lead!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Interesting tidbit about the mosquitos/bag of water. I did not know that.

OK, I'll bite (pun intended). What was so interesting about it? I had the sound down to avoid their witty banter

Something about their sense of direction being terrible and the light reflecting off the bag of water will make them stay away from the bag of water.

okay, nobody else said anything but when did we get that gawdy Citco pump in right center? I don't even remember seeing it last night on tv. What are we, the Astros? (because they have a pump in their stadium)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gallardo has an .817 OPS
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

pitchleague, the gas pump was there when I went to the game Friday. It has a Brewers' home run tally and it also indicates the distance of each home run.

It goes on a scrolling marquee "C It Go" and then it shows how many homers the given Brewer has following the home run and also the distance.

What is really weird is the Brewers still have a sponsorship deal with bp and now they got a citgo gas pump in the outfield? That is like having the team sponsor Pepsi and then they come in with a coke cooler to serve the Pepsi's.

okay, nobody else said anything but when did we get that gawdy Citco pump in right center? I don't even remember seeing it last night on tv. What are we, the Astros? (because they have a pump in their stadium)

I believe it was a couple weeks ago. It counts the team homerun total and says something on it when a player hits a homerun.

Archived