Brewer Fanatic

9/5/2007: Astros (Albers) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:05pm CT

thablingster

http://img462.imageshack.us/img462/4983/95igtpn4.gif

TV: FSN

Radio: WTMJ 620 & affiliates

Other NL Central Action:

Mets (Maine) vs. Reds (Shearn), 11:35am CT

Dodgers (Stults) vs. Cubs (Lilly), 7:05pm CT (ESPN)

Pirates (Armas) vs. Cardinals (Mulder), 7:10pm CT

And just because it amused so many people in the 9/4 IGT--and Ned was 3 for 3 in bullpen moves with it in the IGT--I'll bring it back for 9/5.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3766/basmy0.gif

Stetter & King are currently excluded.

I realize I'm jumping the gun with posting this thread, but as always delete if Woogie can make it. I just like to chip in when I can. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Get this W Brewers! That way the Cubs have to win today and tomorrow to avoid being tied for first. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/devil.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really pleased with the Brewers right now. Plain and simple, September 5... smack talkin junk in my Chicago office is rampant, and I don't even have to open my mouth (yet) to respond to claims that Hawk and Barnett are "Urlacher and Briggs Lite."

I am confident in the offense... and has it been 7 of 8 (!) quality starts since Sheets infused life and hope? I am very not comfortable with the infield defense and grass monsters.

[rando-stat] After today... 10 of the next 11 games are pitched on 5 days rest: 2 and 1/5 turns through the rotation. We owe the schedule-makers a beer; we could be St Louis afterall.

Can someone with the correct info post Gallardo's theoretical kid gloves innings limit ceiling with the current status lest I butcher it?

I believe Yo has a total of 155 IP this year between Nashville and Milwaukee. Sadly, that probably means we can only get 3 or so more starts out of him if they stick to the limit of 175-180. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Once again, blingster, excellent photo choices. Check out those 'Stro-bows! http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

So - Brewers - one thing: Don't let up. Thanks!

(also let's go Bucs & Dodgers)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

So I was just watching ESPNEWS highlights of the Brewer game and I didn't want to start a new thread on this so I thought I'd put it here.

Reporter: "Carlos Villanueva gets the win in his first career start with the Brewers."

Great research ESPN, you continue to amaze. Maybe instead of being a condescending jerk on that show Howie should be hitting the books to make you morons look a little better.

End Rant.

But I thought ESPN was the worldwide leader in sports? Maybe they're right and we're just wrong. Maybe that was Carlos Villanueava's first big league start.

Somewhat unrelated, but I was just reading the Scouts Inc. preview of the Packers-Eagles game and they were talking about the Packers starting safeties being Nick Collins and Aaron Rouse. Rouse probably won't even be active, much less starting-Bigby is. They also mentioned that our one special teams threat is punt returner Charles Woodson. He won't even be returning punts if Blackmon can go. Do they do any research before they right this crap? I know its not about the Brew Crew, but I was just feeding into the talk about how poor ESPN is.

The bullpen advisory system is great. Are you going to be updating it each game, or each week?

I hadn't thought about updating it weekly, although I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to do if it is warranted (I really hope it isn't, lol).

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I believe Yo has a total of 155 IP this year between Nashville and Milwaukee. Sadly, that probably means we can only get 3 or so more starts out of him if they stick to the limit of 175-180.

I want to say that Melvin said 180-185 IP (could be wrong though). If my poor memory serves me well and Yost limits Yo's remaining starts to 6 IP, that might be 5 more starts:

Wed. 5 Houston Gallardo(1)

Fri. 7 at Cincinnati Bush
Sat. 8 at Cincinnati Suppan
Sun. 9 at Cincinnati Sheets
Mon. 10 at Pittsburgh Villanueva
Tue. 11 at Pittsburgh Gallardo(2)
Wed. 12 at Pittsburgh Bush

Fri. 14 Cincinnati Suppan
Sat. 15 Cincinnati Sheets
Sun. 16 Cincinnati Villy/Vargas/Cappy
Mon. 17 at Houston Gallardo(3)
Tue. 18 at Houston Bush
Wed. 19 at Houston Suppan
Thu. 20 at Atlanta Sheets
Fri. 21 at Atlanta Villy/Vargas/Cappy
Sat. 22 at Atlanta Gallardo(4)
Sun. 23 at Atlanta Bush
Mon. 24 St. Louis Suppan
Tue. 25 St. Louis Sheets
Wed. 26 St. Louis Villy/Vargas/Cappy
Thu. 27 San Diego Gallardo(5)
Fri. 28 San Diego Bush
Sat. 29 San Diego Suppan
Sun. 30 San Diego Sheets

I'm really torn about Sheets pitching the final game on Sept. 30th. Obviously, he'd sit if we've got a playoff spot clinched. But if we're still trying to win or tie for the division title, obviously he's the man on the mound. But then, he wouldn't pitch until game 3 or maybe even 4 of the Division Series (I don't know exactly where those LDS games fall after that final Sunday, so I could be way off).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm really torn about Sheets pitching the final game on Sept. 30th. Obviously, he'd sit if we've got a playoff spot clinched. But if we're still trying to win or tie for the division title, obviously he's the man on the mound. But then, he wouldn't pitch until game 3 or maybe even 4 of the Division Series (I don't know exactly where those LDS games fall after that final Sunday, so I could be way off).

I see what you are saying Pitch, but if it is a matter of Sheets getting us into the Playoffs and risk dropping the first 2 games of a series on the road, as opposed to trying to get Sheets ready for game 1 while putting the playoffs at risk all together... I will take down 0-2 in the playoffs every time.

Speaking of playoffs... I think Miller Park would be the loudest stadium EVER if the Brewers make it there. I heard that Mets series was a big time playoff atmosphere, and that was nowhere near as big of a game...

The bullpen advisory system is great. Are you going to be updating it each game, or each week?

I hadn't thought about updating it weekly, although I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to do if it is warranted (I really hope it isn't, lol).

The way our bullpen has been all year the rankings could change game by game.

I believe Yo has a total of 155 IP this year between Nashville and Milwaukee. Sadly, that probably means we can only get 3 or so more starts out of him if they stick to the limit of 175-180.

I want to say that Melvin said 180-185 IP (could be wrong though). If my poor memory serves me well and Yost limits Yo's remaining starts to 6 IP, that might be 5 more starts:

Wed. 5 Houston Gallardo(1)

Fri. 7 at Cincinnati Bush

Sat. 8 at Cincinnati Suppan

Sun. 9 at Cincinnati Sheets

Mon. 10 at Pittsburgh Villanueva

Tue. 11 at Pittsburgh Gallardo(2)

Wed. 12 at Pittsburgh Bush

Fri. 14 Cincinnati Suppan

Sat. 15 Cincinnati Sheets

Sun. 16 Cincinnati Villy/Vargas/Cappy

Mon. 17 at Houston Gallardo(3)

Tue. 18 at Houston Bush

Wed. 19 at Houston Suppan

Thu. 20 at Atlanta Sheets

Fri. 21 at Atlanta Villy/Vargas/Cappy

Sat. 22 at Atlanta Gallardo(4)

Sun. 23 at Atlanta Bush

Mon. 24 St. Louis Suppan

Tue. 25 St. Louis Sheets

Wed. 26 St. Louis Villy/Vargas/Cappy

Thu. 27 San Diego Gallardo(5)

Fri. 28 San Diego Bush

Sat. 29 San Diego Suppan

Sun. 30 San Diego Sheets

That's definitely better than having only 3 starts left. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif I'm not sure, either, since the number has seemed to go up with every injury in the rotation -- I seem to remember it going from 170 to 175 to 180 to "a little over 180". Things would be a lot easier if the Brewers still had a large division lead (that way they could just rest Yo until the last week or so to get him ready for the postseason), but at least Yo's pitching well while the Brewers are making do with the position they're in.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived