Brewer Fanatic

Ray King for Andrew Lefave (WV)

fondybrewfan
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't read through the whole thread, but the first thing that came to my mind was a Ray King interview during spring training a couple of years ago when he was with the Rockies. He was asked about playing with Colorado (Coors Field), St. Louis (Busch Stadium), and with Milwaukee (Miller Park). His response was "Hey man, I go where the beer is cold!"
Gruber Lawffices

Great guy, great attitude toward Milwaukee, great price, great that he can free up Shousie for higher-leverage situations, still great against lefties...what's not to like?

I think of it this way: Nugget John Foster is back with Atlanta, Ray "Burger" King's back in Milwaukee...I can almost convince myself that Wes Helms in a Brewer costume never happened!

One of my top 10 favorite Brewers ever is back, albeit in a limited capacity, and not eligible for the playoff roster, but I'm very happy with this deal...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

My wife was watching the game with me the other night -- and Yost brought in King, our exchange went something like this:

Wife: Oh my god, is that guy alright to pitch?

FTJ: Yeah, he's fine he has been in the league for awhile now.

Wife: He looks like he is going to have a heart attack, they should make him exercise.

FTJ: I don't think Ray is into fitness

Wife: How long has he been a Brewer?

FTJ: They just acquired him last week

Wife: From where, the bar across the street?

How thin is your wife FTJ? Ray isn't even as heavy as many other baseball players, never mind football players, and other big fellas.

Al, I think there's something wrong with your TV. Ray King is huge. Yes, he's no lineman, but he ain't that far away..

How thin is your wife FTJ? Ray isn't even as heavy as many other baseball players, never mind football players, and other big fellas.

Al -- Man -- Sometimes I think you either live under crossed power-lines or you start your weekends a little before the rest of us http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

My wife being married to me, is pretty qualified to comment on big fat guys. More importantly she can still see pretty good.

I think she was commenting more on his conditioning or lack thereof. A lot of of the lineman that are carrying Ray's gut are doing so on a frame that is about 6 inches or more taller.

i didnt like seeing lefave up there as the ptbnl. i thought hes improved too much and has become a pretty good hitter. is the only reason why hes not a good prospect due to the fact thats hes 23?

after a second thought though, its not that bad, i thought he should have been promoted ahead of others this year, so obviously hes not high on the brewers list. it also relieves a bit of a log jam at OF at that level of the minors.

RAY KING IS A FATTY!

i tried inserting a pic of dannys reyes of the twinkies. hes a third person to be considered in this "many" if the pic didnt come up, heres the link

Archived