Brewer Fanatic

9/4/2007: Astros (Backe) at Brewers (Villanueva), 7:05pm CT

thablingster
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. My favorite guy Weeks had a bad inning. I apologize.

Bobskube,

Nice work on this post. It's rare for someone to admit a mistake around here.

Gord,

It hurts more when it is your guy. I just like to blame others like TBlow, Estrada, Mench, and Yost. Can't do that today because Rickie cost them at least one run and more likely two that inning.

My goodness.. .Shouse is our setup guy.. I am not disagreeing with the move since he is their best option outside of Coco going two but if you would have told me at the beginning of the year that or bullpen would be so schizo that Shouse would be the best option in the 8th I probably would have thrown up.

Team Canada wrote:

Can someone describe that for the non-watchers?

Didn't see anyone reply to this.

He squared to bunt as the pitch was coming and bunted it so hard that Wigginton couldn't pick it up before it hit 3rd base and bounced towards shortstop.

This may be the biggest half inning of season so far that is not the 9th inning.

I feel for Yost actually here because I believe there is really no answer.

I'll agree with that, skube. It is so unbelievable what has happened to this team in late innings. It's almost laughable. So many moves by Ned, which were correct, blew up in his face. I hate to see it because it's my team.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I blame the following for having to depend on Shouse..

- Latin Cappy being such a head case he had to get traded.

- American Cappy being such a head case he couldn't hold down a spot to allow Yo or Carlos to be the setup guy.

- T-Bow just plain being a head case. I have never seen such an hot and cold pitcher and I grew up watching Mitch Williams everyday.

- Linebrink absolutely losing it. I was totally wrong about the Inman trade.. I would trade anybody in the pen except Coco to get Will back and pitch him here.

This may be the biggest half inning of season so far that is not the 9th inning.

I feel for Yost actually here because I believe there is really no answer.

I'll agree with that, skube. It is so unbelievable what has happened to this team in late innings. It's almost laughable. So many moves by Ned, which were correct, blew up in his face. I hate to see it because it's my team.

So true..the guy has made some questionable moves, but these guys have rarely bailed him out.

Man I wish they would'nt have taken Braun out for defense after it kind of hurt them yesterday. It's only a two run lead, I'd prefer to only see if it was like 3-4+ runs.

I don't like them taking him out either but really a playoff team should be able to shut the door up the 2 with 2 innings left.

Archived