Brewer Fanatic

9/4/2007: Astros (Backe) at Brewers (Villanueva), 7:05pm CT

thablingster
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He squared to bunt as the pitch was coming and bunted it so hard that Wigginton couldn't pick it up before it hit 3rd base and bounced towards shortstop.

Yahoo play-by-play says "Braun reached on bunt single to shortstop."

I blame the following for having to depend on Shouse..

- Latin Cappy being such a head case he had to get traded.

- American Cappy being such a head case he couldn't hold down a spot to allow Yo or Carlos to be the setup guy.

- T-Bow just plain being a head case. I have never seen such an hot and cold pitcher and I grew up watching Mitch Williams everyday.

- Linebrink absolutely losing it. I was totally wrong about the Inman trade.. I would trade anybody in the pen except Coco to get Will back and pitch him here.

You realize Inman is getting hit pretty hard right now and was only in AA ball.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I bet Weeks tries to steal here.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He squared to bunt as the pitch was coming and bunted it so hard that Wigginton couldn't pick it up before it hit 3rd base and bounced towards shortstop.

well, I don't know if Wigginton ever touched the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if the shortstop was the first guy to pick up the ball in between third and short where it came to rest. Yahoo sounds about right to me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Obviously a win is more important than any 1 players stats.. but it will suck if Braun missed the batting title by one plate appearance because of tonight.

true, but I'd rather win a division title than win a batting title

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I blame the following for having to depend on Shouse..

- Latin Cappy being such a head case he had to get traded.

- American Cappy being such a head case he couldn't hold down a spot to allow Yo or Carlos to be the setup guy.

- T-Bow just plain being a head case. I have never seen such an hot and cold pitcher and I grew up watching Mitch Williams everyday.

- Linebrink absolutely losing it. I was totally wrong about the Inman trade.. I would trade anybody in the pen except Coco to get Will back and pitch him here.

You realize Inman is getting hit pretty hard right now and was only in AA ball.

Yes.. the some of the reasons I was behind the trade but if I told you we could undo the trade and give Parra Linebrink's innings.. wouldn't you do it? We might be in first by 3 games.

Yeah it was right down the 3rd base line and it was bunted so hard that when it hit off 3rd base it bounced to the SS so he picked it up which is probably why it said to the SS. Just trust me on this though.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

premptive BOOO!!!!

Ooooh! Coop playin' mind games with Coco.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived