Brewer Fanatic

Braun injury (Left wrist still an issue, day-to-day)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Per the JS, Braun's wrist is still sore from his injury earlier last week.

Original Injury thread: p092.ezboard.com/fbrewers...4088.topic

JSOnline article: www.jsonline.com/story/in...?id=601740

The Braun injury is about half way through the article.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Conflicting reports, but go with Frank Kremblas, Sounds' manager:

Braun sits for second day: Braun, the Brewers? top offensive prospect, was not in the lineup for the second day in a row. Kremblas said Braun needed time off because he has a slightly sore groin. Braun, who seemed fine in the clubhouse after the game, hadn?t missed any time this season and isn?t expected to go on the disabled list. -- Nashville City Paper

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Definitely conflicting reports don't help, though -- why would Braun pinch-run on Saturday if it was his groin?

Did the newspaper reporter mis-understand or mis-quote? Was Frank Kremblas playing the role of J.P. Ricciardi in terms of injury "truthfulness"?

Honestly, I understand why new rules are in place as per employee rights in pro baseball when discussing injury situations, but it's frustrating as heck for the fans.

I'm sorry...but this is a big red flag. I think people are taking it too lightly. I think with all the injury cover ups in this day of age that this may be more than what they are indicating.

Didn't he hurt his wrist in spring training too?

I think Ryan hurt is elbow in ST from taking too much infield practice. I'm not too worried about it, I think they are just being extra careful and letting him get his rest. We all know he is ready to come up, no need to push him down in AAA even with a little injury.

It doesn't matter. Barring an injury, he's not coming up to the Milwaukee team anytime soon so it should be a moot point. Melvin and Co. seem to be in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it camp" right now so they'll let this winning ride out a little before making any unnecessary moves.

I believe our first 4 game losing streak due to the lack of hitting or scoring runs should be enough to tempt them to bring Braun up.

Quote:
I too think this is a huge red flag. If the guy has both a groin and a wrist injury, it is evident his rehab should begin by finding a girlfriend.

That might be the funniest post I've read on this board in quite a while. Bravo!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
I too think this is a huge red flag. If the guy has both a groin and a wrist injury, it is evident his rehab should begin by finding a girlfriend.

That might be the funniest post I've read on this board in quite a while. Bravo!

Seconded!

Quote:

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Fourthed!

I almost fell out of my chair at work laughing so hard!

Pretty much ensures that there is no reason to call Braun up before they're sure he won't be an arb "Super 2" (around June 1st). If he's been out for a length of time like this, they'd probably like to see 10 healthy days from him before a call up and then it's almost to that point on starting the arbitration clock anyway.

While I agree it is frustrating to see Braun not playing, I am sure the Brewers are being ultra cautious.

Since he is in Nashville (where winning is secondary to development), and since he's been playing so well there, and since he could well be a big part of Milwaukee's second half, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit an extra day or two beyond what he really needs to get healthy enough to play.

He doesn't really have a whole lot to prove, and I'd rather he miss a week now than really hurt himself and not be available when Milwaukee is ready for him.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Link while active, text follows:

www.nashvillecitypaper.co...s_id=56104

Braun battling injuries, misses fifth game

By Nate Rau, Nashville City Paper Sports Correspondent

Nashville?s Ryan Braun was out of the lineup for the fifth straight game on Wednesday when the Sounds lost at Colorado Springs.

Braun is out because of both a sore wrist and a strained groin. Sounds manager Frank Kremblas initially said Braun was missing time because of the groin injury, but now it appears his wrist has become an issue as well.

Braun hurt his wrist during Friday?s game against Round Rock at Greer.

Kremblas said after Wednesday?s game that Braun is day-to-day and there are no plans to put him on the disabled list at this time.

Braun did take batting practice prior to Wednesday?s game against the Sky Sox, but was still held out of the lineup. Organizations are traditionally extra-careful with top prospects like Braun.

So far this season, Braun has lived up to the hype in Nashville. He came into the 2007 campaign as the Milwaukee Brewers? top offensive prospect. Braun is hitting .358 with a eight home runs and 17 RBIs.

The 23-year-old third baseman has committed just two errors on the season.

Quote:
He doesn't really have a whole lot to prove, and I'd rather he miss a week now than really hurt himself and not be available when Milwaukee is ready for him.

I totally agree. I believe that they are letting him heal up because come June 1st or shortly thereafter, he will be brought up to the big club to replace the offensive non production that currently is happening at the third sack.

On another note Jeff Sackmann, who I love as a baseball writer, has a nice article explaining the difference of whether or not to add Braun to the big club and figures in all the angles that come with the decision (offense positives, defensive negatives, arby issues) versus Counsellnino. A great read.

Here is the link:

Jeff Sackmann on Ryan Braun

Archived