Brewer Fanatic

09/03/2007: Astros (Oswalt) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05p.m. CT

thablingster
  • Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my dream world, Estrada would be pelted by half-eaten brats and beer bottles as he sullenly returns to the dugout.

Do you think he'd stop at some point to eat some of the half-eaten brats?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Pitt 6, STL 0...this would be a good chance to get some distance between the Brewers and the Cards.

That pitch JJ hit was waaay inside...the only thing he could've done with that pitch was GIDP. Oswalt's at 80 pitches.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Why does Yost mess with success so much. Every time a player starts producing in a lower hole in the lineup...he immediately promotes them quickly. JJ is not a number 2 hitter at all. If Yost wants to move him up, he should bat 6th. His OBP and lack of bunting ability should tell you that he is being miscast batting 2nd.

That's one thing that kind of annoys me about Yost -- it seems like too many times he bats guys where he thinks they'll end up hitting someday, not where they should be hitting currently. Batting Hardy 2nd, Estrada or Hall 5th, Gwynn anywhere near the top, last year it was Jenkins in the 5th spot, etc.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived