Brewer Fanatic

09/03/2007: Astros (Oswalt) at Brewers (Sheets), 1:05p.m. CT

thablingster

Un-FREAKING-believable. Nothing went our way today.

Gross giving up 2 unearned earned runs. Estrada missing the first ball that advanced the runner to 2nd and 3rd, who then scored. Ned, being ridiculously dumb enough to bring in Aquino. Estrada, once again, missing a ball IN HIS GLOVE, to let up the go ahead run. Rottino, having a 2 RBI hit stopped on an amazing play. That was the suckiest game this year.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
september callup for a yost team = get to play in inappropriate positions.

This nailed it. Good managers/coaches/assistants/whatever put people in situations where they can succeed. It's done for two reasons: 1. to help the team win 2. to build confidence. Look at Aquino's reaction after giving up the tying/winning runs- Yost totally lost him for the rest of the year. Amazing, 4 months of minor league work to build his confidence and it's shot in less than one inning.

Wish we could seriously fire him now, but we can't.
Not in first place. Barely over .500.

Why can't we?

because they still have a chance at making the playoffs....you think that sveum would be any better right now? and you certainly can't bring in a brand-new regime right now. be realistic.

I feel that we are in a pennant race. Ned must have other goals he wants to accomplish. We do this twice a week so I guess that I shouldn't let it bother me. Early in the year the team bounced back well from adversity, they haven't been doing it as well more recently. I would imagine that there were a lot of people on the field wondering why Aquino was in there. That won't sit well in the clubhouse.

I posted in April that we would blow out the bullpen at the rate we were going. We did. Turnbow struggles in back-to-back situations. That is why you can't take your best hitter out of the game with another at bat a certainty. Everyone knows this but the manager.

What I can't understand about Aquino is this. He's not good enough during early regular season games, that you have to send him down to the Minors. Obviously not good enough in there mind. But then you bring him up in a pennant chase. You put him in a situation that he shouldn't even be near, much less in, considering he wasn't good enough in the past in un-meaningful games. Ok so what other options did Yost have? Cordero wouldn't have been too bad of a choice. Granted ya he pitches a little extra, and he's prone lately to giving up hits early in the inning, but I'd rather have him in and blowing it, who should be in the game, rather than Aquino.

I think or did think that Aquino could/couldve been decent, but trying to get him going up in the Majors again, getting him going, don't do that when he's confidence is probably just lost now.

Yost press conference... ."He didn't make the pitch". HE SHOULDNT BE MAKING ANY PITCHES TO HIM. Seems like he likes to play "matchups" a litle too much. Play a little common sense too mixed with the matchups.

september callup for a yost team = get to play in inappropriate positions.
This nailed it. Good managers/coaches/assistants/whatever put people in situations where they can succeed. It's done for two reasons: 1. to help the team win 2. to build confidence. Look at Aquino's reaction after giving up the tying/winning runs- Yost totally lost him for the rest of the year. Amazing, 4 months of minor league work to build his confidence and it's shot in less than one inning.

exactly rob. i teed it up for you and you nailed it.

Wish we could seriously fire him now, but we can't.
Not in first place. Barely over .500.

Why can't we?

because they still have a chance at making the playoffs....you think that sveum would be any better right now? and you certainly can't bring in a brand-new regime right now. be realistic.

I thought we were "building for the future". That's what I was told in April when I got mad that Braun started the season in the minors. And it's what I was told when it took forever for them to bring Gallardo up.

If we're building for the future, what harm is there in getting rid of an idiotic, incompetent manager who can't possibly be part of that future? Give Sveum an audition. You never know how he'll be as a manager.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Yost press conference... ."He didn't make the pitch". HE SHOULDNT BE MAKING ANY PITCHES TO HIM. Seems like he likes to play "matchups" a litle too much. Play a little common sense too mixed with the matchups.

Has he ever taken the blame for a bad decision blowing up in his face? I mean, he's had about 50 chances this year. Has it happened even once?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Has he ever taken the blame for a bad decision blowing up in his face? I mean, he's had about 50 chances this year. Has it happened even once?

couldn't agree more guys. his inability to balance "matchups" with emotional appropriateness and gut feeling is the major problem. Unfortunately this isn't something that can't be taught. Also, it can't be learned. So, Yost will never get better. He DEFINITELY needs to go so he doesn't actually do permanent damage to the psyche of these young kids. I'm actually a little worried at the effect he may have BEYOND his tenure. Any thoughts anyone?

that's what i don't understand. with linebrink melting down over the past three weeks, where has matt wise been? he was our stopper before, right????

Wise has been stinking up the place for quite a while now. Since July 25 he has a 10.29 ERA this batting line against him. .475 / .553 / .700 / 1.253

Yeah, Ned will play the matchups...you know, unless it's Kevin Mench at the plate with the game on the line. With Ned, "matchups" is just code for "I had no idea what the hell to do, so I just went with the silliest [expletive] thing that popped into my head."

that's what i don't understand. with linebrink melting down over the past three weeks, where has matt wise been? he was our stopper before, right????

Wise has been stinking up the place for quite a while now. Since July 25 he has a 10.29 ERA this batting line against him. .475 / .553 / .700 / 1.253

but it's totally inconsistent. when turnbow was coming in and blowing games early to mid season what happened? He kept coming in to blow games....no alteration.

How do we know whether or not Sveum would be better right now? We have no way of knowing if he would be better or worse unless they actually do it. I know one thing though we don't have a chance of making the playoffs with Yost.

If I had to guess it'd be that Yost lost his team after this game. Using the Sept. call-ups in this important of a game and a chance to gain ground on both the Cubs AND the Cardinals hurts a lot. The faces of the guys after the game was unbearable. That's the first time I've really seen them bothered by a loss in a game I have watched.

Milwaukee media is a bunch of gutless pansies. Yost was not taken to task.

He said he played the "matchups." Why was then Cordero not warming up to get the "best" matchup?

Ahh the matchups. So he can play the matchups in this case but when he bats Mench against a right handed pitcher in the 9th with the bases loaded against the Cubs he "goes with the flow of the game."

How do we know whether or not Sveum would be better right now? We have no way of knowing if he would be better or worse unless they actually do it. I know one thing though we don't have a chance of making the playoffs with Yost.

If I had to guess it'd be that Yost lost his team after this game. Using the Sept. call-ups in this important of a game and a chance to gain ground on both the Cubs AND the Cardinals hurts a lot. The faces of the guys after the game was unbearable. That's the first time I've really seen them bothered by a loss in a game I have watched.

I think that the worst was watching Sheets. To watch the transition from exuberance to complete dejection when Turdbow blew up was painful. Maybe you are convincing me. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no chance it's going to happen.

That's the first time I've really seen them bothered by a loss in a game I have watched.
How do we know some of the players didn't have something to say to Ned (hopefully in private) after the game?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Milwaukee media is a bunch of gutless pansies. Yost was not taken to task.

He said he played the "matchups." Why was then Cordero not warming up to get the "best" matchup?

Ahh the matchups. So he can play the matchups in this case but when he bats Mench against a right handed pitcher in the 9th with the bases loaded against the Cubs he "goes with the flow of the game."

Well maybe he was going with the flow of the game, because Aquino had been up a couple times in the game so he was warmer than Cordero http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eyes.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived