Brewer Fanatic

09/02/07: Pirates (Gorzelanny) at Brewers (Suppan), 1:05PM

SoCalBrewfan
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a game! This is exactly how I was the afternoon of birthday #30 would go. Birthday presents from the Brewers in the form of homers by Braun and Prince, good pitching from Soup, and a Brewer win. So far, 2-0 in September. This is definitely going to be a fun month! Go Astros (against the Cubs!)!!

At the game today, I had this mildly entertaining exchange with the S.O., upon Counsell's entry into the game:

S.O.: What's Counsell doing in already? I think they're going to wish Ryan had another AB...

(First play ensues, Counsell makes a solid play at 3B, the kind you're not 100% sure Ryan would have made, as much as you're hoping he would)

hawing (gesturing at 3B): There you go. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/smile.gif

Anyway - the hawing ticket is now 12-7 with four games left in September. Today was the first win we saw in person since July 31, which turned out to feel like a very long time. The only way the Brewers can have a losing season when we're in attendance this year is if they play any games beyond September 30.

On the way to the ballpark, we heard "Don't Stop Believin'" on the radio. Stupid hope! It's back in my life now.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On the way to the ballpark, we heard "Don't Stop Believin'" on the radio. Stupid hope! It's back in my life now.

Funny how things happen like that from time-to-time. On the way home from the August 15th Cardinal game (in which we lost 3-8) the song "There she goes again" (I'm not quite sure if that is the name of the song) was on and seemed fitting. I was in a semi-poor state at that time.

Archived