Brewer Fanatic

08/31/2007: Pirates (Armas) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:05 PM

hawing
Oh for God sakes he has McClung up.

Well, you did just say "get anyone up"...you weren't specific. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif

McClung's been decent lately against 1 or 2 batters...hopefully that's all he'd have to face.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep Gallardo in until his arm falls off. That'll toughen him up!

We certainly don't want to limit Gallardo's pitches at this point. We also need to save the bullpen, I mean, it's not like we have a plethora of reinforcement arms joining the Brewers tomorrow.

I guess this is one of those times where Ned Yost just got lucky since the man can't do anything right, huh?

Two expressions come to mind...one with a visually-impaired squirrel, and another with a malfunctioning timepiece. Just kidding, of course...Gallardo deserves serious props there and this one surely did work out for Ned.

I guess this is one of those times where Ned Yost just got lucky since the man can't do anything right, huh?

The uproar wasn't so much about the outcome of this particular situation, which turned out nicely for Gallardo and Yost. It's about debating where to draw the line for how much strain you're willing to put on Gallardo's arm to try and get a few more batters out of him.

I think it's fairly well-established that Counsell is Ned's 'start the inning pinch hitter.' (I guess Gross sometimes has that role as well but obviously he's otherwise occupied tonight...) Or 'start the rally' rather, since Counsell didn't lead off the inning.

Archived