Brewer Fanatic

Et tu, Funaki?

JimH5

SI.com and the NYDaily News are reporting some WWE names linked to the Florida pharm labs uncovered by the Albany investigation. Here's the list of names from those two sources. . .

Chavo Guerrero

Shane Hurricane Helms

Randy Orton

Johnny Nitro

Mr. Kennedy

Funaki

Charlie Haas

Umaga

William Regal

Edge

Sylvain Grenier

King Booker

Simon Dean

Santino Marella

Benoit, Crush and Eddie Guerrero were also named.

After the Benoit incident, I gave up watching wrestling. I'm still a little interested (obviously) in what happens. This doesn't seem like it's going away any time soon.

Edited to add that ESPN.com is reporting that Dave Batista and Chris Masters were also customers of the lab under investigation.

I gave up WWF/WWE wrestling back in 1995 when my parents got tired of ordering the then-expensive 39.99 pay-per-view Royal Rumbles and Summerslams. I think I may still have a 1990 Royal Rumble on VHS tape as well as a Summerslam with Zeus and Macho King fighting Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.

Wrestling is the sport that introduced me to the possibility of performance-enhancing drugs. I kinda knew they were all on it after awhile.

Anyone watch the wwe 24/7 channel on On Demand?

I have it and watch it alot because they show some great older matches from the 80's and 90's. Ted DiBiase has been in quite a few of these matches and he is the best.

My 3 favorite wrestlers are

Hulk Hogan

Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Junk Yard Dog

JYD also played for the Packers as well.

I still watch wrestling, but kind of half-heartedly since the Benoit incident. I think I mainly still tune in out of habit...I've been watching wrestling on Monday nights for about the past 16 years (going back to the old WWF Primetime Wrestling on USA, after our family got cable), so it's hard to stop now. It's kind of hard to reconcile the fun of my youth, seeing guys like Bret Hart, Brutus Beefcake, the Road Warriors, Arn Anderson, Sting, etc. with what is happening today. Of course, we found out back then that a lot of guys were on steroids, but Vince and the other promoters basically got away with it.

This is a pretty big story, and a huge problem for WWE. Assuming it's true and they go through with suspending all those guys, they're going to have a hard time doing a lot of their current storylines and such. It's pretty much a given that a lot of wrestlers are on steroids, but this is kind of showing to what extent it's going on.

For the person who asked about Ted Dibiase, he was running his own ministry for a while, but currently works as a backstage agent for WWE. He's sometimes on television. His former tag team partner "IRS" Mike Rotunda does the same.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

it's hard for me to see how steroids would really tarnish the reputation of wrestling like it has/could pro sports. it's not a knock against wrastlin', but since it's all fantasy to begin with, i don't see how knowing they have fake muscles really changes anything.

I looked up Booker T's mugshot once and he's just a skinny, ordinary guy. pretty much no doubt how he got that big.

Although I find steroid abuse not funny in any way, it's simply hilarious that WWE is suspending anyone.

How could you?! We never had any suspicion - this comes as a total shock! Think of the Asian countries - for the children!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Although I find steroid abuse not funny in any way, it's simply hilarious that WWE is suspending anyone.

How could you?! We never had any suspicion - this comes as a total shock! Think of the Asian countries - for the children!

Same here. My first thought was "why not give them promotions?"

Nice to see The Million Dollar man doing well. I loved his character.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I had forgotten that Dibiase had left WWE. I thought I remembered seeing him on TV not too long ago, but that might've just been a guest appearance of some kind.

My guess is that Vince McMahon starts pushing the smaller, more athletic guys, like he did with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels in the early '90s.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Charlie Hass

Chavo Guerrero

Edge (he's injured anyway)

Funaki

Gregory Helms (also injured anyway)

John Morrison (formerly Johnny Nitro)

Mr. Kennedy

Randy Orton

Umaga

William Regal (?)

Jeff Hardy is going to beat Umaga Monday on Raw for the IC Championship and C.M. Punk has already beaten Morrison at a house show for the ECW Championship. Hass, Guerrero and Funaki are all basically jobbers, and Regal was the GM on Raw, so the only real storyline losses outside of the titles for WWE are Kennedy and Orton. It has been widely speculated that Kennedy was supposed to be announced as Mr. McMahon's illegitimate son as part of that storyline, so it'll be interesting to see if they go in another direction or just extend the story for a few extra weeks.

Charlie Hass

Chavo Guerrero

Edge (he's injured anyway)

Funaki

Gregory Helms (also injured anyway)

John Morrison (formerly Johnny Nitro)

Mr. Kennedy

Randy Orton

Umaga

William Regal (?)

Jeff Hardy is going to beat Umaga Monday on Raw for the IC Championship and C.M. Punk has already beaten Morrison at a house show for the ECW Championship. Hass, Guerrero and Funaki are all basically jobbers, and Regal was the GM on Raw, so the only real storyline losses outside of the titles for WWE are Kennedy and Orton. It has been widely speculated that Kennedy was supposed to be announced as Mr. McMahon's illegitimate son as part of that storyline, so it'll be interesting to see if they go in another direction or just extend the story for a few extra weeks.

that's an odd list of people. I'm surprised there's no Booker T, Batista, or Chris Masters.

I don't follow these things very much anymore, but I thought it was a no-brainer that HHH would be the illegitimate son.
yeah, same here. I would've loved to have seen Steve Austin being the "illegitimate son", though. I know that wouldn't have happened, though.

Um, no. You're thinking back to the storyline they did where Triple H kidnapped Stephanie and got married to her in a Vegas drive thru, I think. They haven't acknowledged their marriage on TV officially, that I'm aware of.

(Yes, I watch way too much wrestling on TV, I know.)

Archived