Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress Suspended for drug use - new info?

chowyo123
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think some of this thread has gotten a bit out of the topic. This is our 1st round pick. I don't think jokes involving a baby really need to be in this topic. While there might be some humor in it, this should probably be in Off Topic.

I think some of this thread has gotten a bit out of the topic. This is our 1st round pick. I don't think jokes involving a baby really need to be in this topic. While there might be some humor in it, this should probably be in Off Topic.

So was J.M. Gold and Kyle Peterson, does everyone have to say great and wonderful things about them too?

I think some of this thread has gotten a bit out of the topic. This is our 1st round pick. I don't think jokes involving a baby really need to be in this topic. While there might be some humor in it, this should probably be in Off Topic

I'm pretty sure that's an allusion to the urban legend about the teenager who used LSD while babysitting and put the baby in the oven or microwave.

Link

I'm pretty sure that's an allusion to the urban legend about the teenager who used LSD while babysitting and put the baby in the oven or microwave.

Maybe -- all I know is when you smoke the reefer you get the munchies -- (Didn't they have a baby hoagie on the Simpson's?)

I don't think jokes involving a baby really need to be in this topic. While there might be some humor in it, this should probably be in Off Topic.

Who's joking? We are talking about smoking the reefer afterall --

All I know, is if DM needs me to go into the studio to help curtail smoking the reefer, I have a good idea for a PSA -- "Don't Smoke the Reefer", done to the BOC classic. That would be epically awesome -- you know it would get the kids' attention it has that awesome cowbell hook.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
or if you run for office!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I wasn't saying Jefferess is a baby (he's 20 -- he's obviously not a baby)...I was referring to the joke about the oven. I don't mind poking fun of Gold, Peterson, or Jeffress, but the baby and the oven joke maybe shouldn't really be posted here. Just my opinion.

Stupid yes, unforgivable, not even close. I have spent a lot of time around these kids in WV this year, and they are just that...big kids! But more than that, they are big kids with, especially in Jeffress case, BIG MONEY! If we want to hammer on a kid over dumb decisions like this, without knowing the entire story, we waste our breath. I think it is the management either here in Charleston, or the Brewers upper level that we should be busting on for not making the rules as clear as they should be. Most of these guys eat healthy and seem to take care of themselves but they all like to be kids and party. Jeffress talent is incredible! I watched him even after his suspension playing around on the field with the managers son with a football....just like a dumb 19 year old kid should. Jeremy is a good guy, very very talented as I witnessed first hand the radar guns routinely busting 98 pitch after pitch. However there is big money at stake here, and that certainly makes the positive tests stupid...but for some reason I keep finding myself questioning whether it was any more stupid than trading Joe Thatcher, Steve Garrison, and Wil Inman so the Brew Crew doesn't make the playoffs?! Whose brain is fried more? (oops...did I say that out loud?) Cut Jeremy a break, and root for him and Angel both to make the most of their second chances!

This would be Jeremy's third chance though.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

While I'll be a brewer fan until the day I day I will never root for Jeffress now. He's an idiot. Getting caught once is stupid. Getting caught a second time when you really know they aren't fooling around here is beyond being an idiot. Most 10 year olds know the difference between right and wrong. Jeffress obviously doesn't get it. Don't blame management on this one. If he can't figure it out the first time on his own sitting him down and going through the consequences of repeating the offense isn't going to get through.

I expect because of his talent he'll end up getting a chance elsewhere. I would applaud at this point if the Brewers dumped him. I doubt they will do it even though it would be the right thing to do.

Hopefully for his sake he gets his life together. I have my doubts though. My money would be on his future career path involving asking people if they would like to "biggie size" their order. You generally find out in the end that guys like this are broke as they wasted the money.

Just out of curiosity, when did MLB implement the current minor league drug policy?

• 2 months later...

The second test failure wasn't speculation, that actually happened. However, it was a club test, not one mandated by MLB. From what we've seen and heard, no, there has been no official announcement if any other additional penalties will ensue.

My guess is that if there were any more penalities assessed by MLB (or the Brewers) for the 2nd failed test, we probably would have heard about it.

I don't know....A WV starting rotation of Tyson, Bryson, Seidel, Braddock, and Jeffress sounds pretty entertaining for those of us watching baseball in Charleston!! He should at least need a tune up or two early in the season shouldn't he? How many games is he scheduled to miss in the new season?

I'm going to need to go back and count the games. I thought someone else was keeping track, but I haven't seen anyone comment on how many days are remaining.

I doubt Jeffress goes back to WV. He'll be in Arizona all spring I'm sure (or at least I hope) preparing himself for his eventual placement at BC. He has nothing left to prove at WV, and having the Brewers send him back there really doesn't send any kind of message IMO.

The Power's rotation should be plenty talented. Prepare yourself for guys like Evan Anundsen, Jose Garcia, Roque Mercedes, Chad Robinson and Daniel Merklinger as well. That staff should be dominant.

Archived