Brewer Fanatic

8/30/07 Brewers (Parra) vs. Cubs (Lilly): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll lose all respect for Geoff Jenkins if he's not in Yost's face. Like him or not Jenkins has been a Brewer and deserved that opportunity in the biggest Brewer game in his tenure. Besides, he's got more key hits late, than just about anyone.

I agree. They definitely played a lot better in this series than they did in San Francisco..that's enough to keep me optimistic, even though they lost this series.

Ya, we just as easily could have taken all 3 games of this series. Overall I think they played with some fire and played tough for the first time in awhile. If they can keep that up, I think we can finish the season out strong. I hope they get a decent reception from the fans at home tomorrow night, but I'm not counting on it.

This game today is the exact definition of our season.

Good start early, get behind due to some poor defense, get back into the game, make a couple of mistake pitches, don't take advantage of several opportunities to get back in the game, breaks don't go our way, then at the end there is a Ned Yost move blowing up in his face. lol

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yost really needs to explain this one. I can't believe he is still our manager. He is so INCONSISTENT. Jenkins Jenkins Jenknis. What is Mench's split against righties?

.215/.250/.306/.556 Unfreakinbelievable.

We truly have been yosted in the worst possible way imaginable.

Looking at Gameday now, only Kevin Mench can pound a 93 MPH fastball right down the middle straight into the ground. That probably was going to be the best pitch he was going to see, he just failed to do anything with that pitch. I still don't think he should have been hitting there, but he failed to come up big when the team needed him to.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm angry at Yost but again Prince HAS to get that runner in on third with one out if he's any kind of MVP candidate.

I see what you're saying, but at the same time the Cubs stranded a runner on 3rd with 0 outs in the 2nd.

Yost.... I really just don't know what you're thinking sometimes.

I'm not even mad because I'm still laughing about the fact Ned thinks Mench is the best guy to go up there.

Where was Gallardo?! http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/roll.gif(yes, I know he is starting tomorrow)

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm angry at Yost but again Prince HAS to get that runner in on third with one out if he's any kind of MVP candidate.

Completely agree with this statement, but if Yost would have hit Jenkins instead of Mench and Jenkins got out I would focus my anger towards Prince. But when your manager doesn't give your team the best chance to win I feel cheated. Even Kinya Allen would have wanted Jenkins to bat in that situation.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't mind the bunt so much with Braun and Fielder coming up next (I wouldn't have done it but you can at least make an argument in its favor) but why Mench was batting in that situation is beyond me.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There's no way you'll ever convince me bunting with J.J. Hardy was the right call there because taking away outs in that situation is just illogical. But at least a sac bunt is somewhat defensible.

I hope Ned doesn't cop out of his interview because letting Mench hit is hilariously indefensible.

I thought the bunt was a pretty good call, down 2 on the road, get guys on 2nd and 3rd with your two best hitters coming up. Sure, they haven't exactly been all that 'clutch' lately, or at all, aside maybe from that Braun homer in Houston, but I think that was the right move.

The Mench situation...words can't do that atrocity justice.

Archived