Brewer Fanatic

8/30/07 Brewers (Parra) vs. Cubs (Lilly): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Estrada is 3-7 against Dempster, Jenkins has a .222 avg against him, Counsell only has 1 hit in 10 AB, Mench is now 0-2 with a K. *headdesk*
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

If his logic was to save batters for extra innings you still had counsel and estrada, so it makes no sense. I am sure someone will be able to give a reason that at least makes a little sense, but i am having trouble seeing it.

Let the record show, Yost pinch hit earlier for Hall and didn't hit for Mench.

Ned, join Dave Bristol, Del Crandall, Alex Grammas, Buck Rodgers, Tom Trebelhorn, Phil Garner, Davey Lopes, and Jerry Royster.

Frankly among that distiguished group of fired Brewer managers, I'd put Ned somewhere between Alex Grammas and Davey Lopes, well behind Garner, Trebelhorn, Bristol, slightly behind Rodgers and Crandall, and ahead of just Royster.

I do have to say though, it was a fun series, even if we ended up 1-2 on it. Its to bad tonight's game depended on a few bad moments. But I do have some faith again that we can get on a run when we come home tomorrow. Here's to hoping.

I agree. They definitely played a lot better in this series than they did in San Francisco..that's enough to keep me optimistic, even though they lost this series.

Hey FSN, stop interviewing Cubs. That's what WGN is for.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm glad Mench swung at the frist pitch though, I'm sure Dempster knew he always took on the first pitch, Mench got a good pitch to hit,. Probably the best pitch he would have seen during that at-bat.

Man, I can't believe how idiotic Yost is.

Very good game and a very good series. I have no problem with Hardy bunting to put 2 in scoring position and also eliminate the double play. Bad AB by Braun, is what took the bat out of Prince's hands. Great AB by Hart. As for Mench hitting...I'm sure Yost had a reason, for the life of me I can't imagine what it was. I'd be curious to see what Jenkins has done agains Dempster. The other problem, was with Mench himself swinging at the first pitch. Really bad on both accounts. Probably should not have come down to that though. Just another case of not taking advantage of opportunities, coupled with 2 mistakes by Capuano and you end up with the loss.

Love Ned, like Ned, hate Ned, despise Ned, you have to agree that might be one of his most illogical decisions of the year, in a somewhat important game.

Yes, Mench shouldn't have swung first pitch in that situation, that's for sure, but he shouldn't have even been at the plate.

Truly the definition of Yosted.

Archived