Brewer Fanatic

8/30/07 Brewers (Parra) vs. Cubs (Lilly): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Whew. Thank you, wind. I think I've had my fill of Cappy for the night. Not a bad job, excluding the back to back HR's. The pitch to Murton was a mistake, but Soriano had no business hitting the pitch out that he did...I still can't believe he got that one out with the wind blowing in.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta chime in on the strike three to Hart. It sure was nice to hear both BA and Schroeder defending Hart on the absolutely horridness of a call. They usually aren't swayed.

You can tell it's a pennant race when your announcers start calling games like we do at home. Minus the swearing, of course.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

gotta chime in on the strike three to Hart. It sure was nice to hear both BA and Schroeder defending Hart on the absolutely horridness of a call. They usually aren't swayed.

You can tell it's a pennant race when your announcers start calling games like we do at home. Minus the swearing, of course.

I'm all for my announcers calling a good game but that was a bad damn call from a blimp. From NSBB:

Just wanted to say...

That's about the worst strike call I've ever seen. I'll take it, but whoever that ump is should be ashamed. That was 2 feet off the plate outside, in a critical situation in a playoff race.

If I was commish, that guy's next game would be in the minors. Terrible.

By the way --

On that missed call third strike to Hart, Ned absolutely needs to be out there. He needs to stick up for Corey. That was flat-out ridiculous.

"Great game, Ned. I especially liked that move in the seventh inning when you scratched your balls for an hour."

"Well, anything worth doing is worth doing right."

Just wanted to say...

That's about the worst strike call I've ever seen. I'll take it, but whoever that ump is should be ashamed. That was 2 feet off the plate outside, in a critical situation in a playoff race.

If I was commish, that guy's next game would be in the minors. Terrible.

When a Cubs fan says this during a close game you know the call was historically bad. I'm gonna be pissed all week over that strike 3 on Hart.

I still can't get over that strike call. If the Brewers end up losing the division by a game, it'll be extremely tough to swallow remembering what could've happened if that inning would have been allowed to continue.

Twitter

Dr. Cox is the commish of the More Taste League? Sweet.

Here's to hoping that Linebrink can get over his horrid appearance in Game 1 and put up a zero, so the top of the order has a chance against Dumpster.

Twitter

I agree with DJ. If there is ever a time to try to spark the toops its that time. He's gotta' go crazy over that. Unbelievable. I was as almost mad about him not being out there to back Corey up as I was about the call.

Oh well, only what, 29 more games(?), as manager of this team. I'll help pay for his ticket.

The one thing I've been most upset about this year is not reversing the platoon as soon as possible. I understand the concept of saving bench players, but he had plenty at that point.

I don't even think thats his reasoning, I think he sees that Mench has had a good game and doesn't want to take out the 'hot bad'. Seems like he'll go ahead and pinch hit if the guy has done nothing but if he has any 'big hits' in the game he refuses to pinch hit for him.

Ugh. You know, there was a 70% Hart would have made an out on that play--probably higher with 2 strikes and seeing him get that bat taken out of his hands in this game at this time...tough. Unacceptable.

And another stellar A+ job by Ned tonight. Did he even know Hart was punched out. "What happened? I can't hear! It's too loud!"

The one thing I've been most upset about this year is not reversing the platoon as soon as possible. I understand the concept of saving bench players, but he had plenty at that point.

But what if he hurts Mench's feelings? I mean, if he took him out, that would show that he thinks Mench "can't hit" RHP, and Mench would have no choic but to pitch a fit.

Archived