Brewer Fanatic

As for me, I'm a die hard...

billyhallfan

The Brewers may be playing like losers, they may not make the playoffs, they may go on a ten game losing streak, they might not ever beat the Cubs again. Prince Fielder could get hurt tomorrow, Ben Sheets may be injury prone, Miller Park might leak, The Cubs might always be better than us, we might not ever be able to win on the road again, but reguardless of whatever happens, the Brewers are still my team. Weather they are 62-100, or 100-62, I still watch the same amount of games, I still go to the same amount of games, and I should hope that everyone is a die hard fan on here. I question the posts that say, why should I root for this team, give me a reason to stand by this team, or the team doesn't deserve our attention. Last time I checked brewerfan.net was suposed to turn casuals into die hards, I believe it is doing the opposite, I have tickets to 6 more games this year, and if they don't win again until saturday, I will still go. The Twins and Royals are my second and third favorite teams, but no one can ever take place of my Brewers, I still can't remember in my lifetime when they hada losing season, but please, stand by your team, that is what a fan does.

from quevedo to gallardo let's not lose our love for the Brewers.

....says the guy with a Cardinal in his avatar.http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Bravo! That's my attitude as well. I have to remind myself of it ocassionally, but I think you're right. It's been a memorable season, and although I'm a Giant/Pirate fan but nobody's gonna replace the Crew.

I think that is very well said. A fan doesn't leave when it gets rough. Yes, you can be frustrated and angry and feeling at a loss...but don't ever stop being a fan. If we can survive the Lopes/Royster teams of yore, we can handle the more heartbreaking aspect of 2007.

I have said to numerous people after numerous losses this season..."Why do I have to care so much?" I simply can't help it. I love baseball. I love to root for our Brewers. And as frustrating as this season has become, I still have faith in the future, regardless of what this year's squad does or doesn't accomplish.

Thank you.

I'm not giving up on this team this year, and I still have hope for the next few years based on what we've seen in 2007. (I have a hard time imagining the pitching getting any worse, especially when / if Gallardo and Parra are part of the starting 5.)

I'll even admit that I've taken to listening in to Brewers games on the radio (freeing up my TV to play video games) for the past few weeks. This team has been painful....but it's surviving the lows that make the high points all the more worthwhile.

There's too much to look forward to for me to even consider switching loyalties now (or ever).

2002 was the low point for me, if I didn't leave then why the heck would I leave now. We all may be frustrated cause playoffs looked so realistic no more than a month ago, still next year the prospects of atleast a playoff run are good. I grew up with this team, have so many good memories that are brewer related, why would i just jump ship.

Here, here.

I am getting really tired of the negativity surrounding this Brewers team and all the bandwagon fans that have been jumping ship on and off the whole season. Being a diehard Brewer fan and a 20-game season ticket holder this season has been an absolute rollercoaster of pure joy during the highs and borderline depression during the lows. Those emotions that we all experience are part of being a fan of a sports team.

Does that mean that I don't get upset when the Brewers get swept by the freaking Giants and blow lead after lead to lose games in just about every possible manner? No! I get angry. My wife was scared last night when I just about broke an expensive picture when I threw my remote against the wall and tore off all the couch cushions and threw them all over the living room after Linebrink failed to field that chopper back to the mound. That doesn't mean that I can ever or will ever give up on my beloved Brewers. Emotions are part of being a real fan, but the emotion of deserting your team at any point is not an emotion that a true fan should feel.

Emotion is what will bring tears to my eyes when the Brewers finally win the World Series and going through all the losing and sticking with the team through thick and thin will make it all the more sweet.

JenksFan5[/b]]Does that mean that I don't get upset when the Brewers get swept by the freaking Giants and blow lead after lead to lose games in just about every possible manner? No! I get angry. My wife was scared last night when I just about broke an expensive picture when I threw my remote against the wall and tore off all the couch cushions and threw them all over the living room after Linebrink failed to field that chopper back to the mound. That doesn't mean that I can ever or will ever give up on my beloved Brewers. Emotions are part of being a real fan, but the emotion of deserting your team at any point is not an emotion that a true fan should feel.

I think most bf.neters are die hards, and man are we dying hard. I for one didn't throw anything around last night, but did affirm my position that this is just not the year for the Brewers. It's a shame because a lot of us thought it was one or two months ago. Just because I have almost given up on this season does not mean I am a bandwagon jumper. I had 20 game ticket packages during the Lopes/Royster era. Nothing screams die hard like attending a game in September when the likes of Jerry Royster is the manager.

That said, I will continue to pay attention to the games, but I have stopped investing emotion and expectation into this team this year. It is simply a waste of energy IMO. As always I hope they turn it around, but I just don't see it happening until i see some kind of evidence. Will two straight wins against the Cubs do it for me? Probably. I am so fickle.

I've been a fan since 1971 (the year I was born) and I'll continue to be a fan 'till the day I die.

I say let the negative, bandwagon, fair-weather fans jump off the bridge.

Some of us can see the core of this team is still very young, have no doubt they will learn from this year (if they don't make the playoffs), and come back that much more hungry next year and in the years to come. There will be a World Series played in Milwaukee within 5 years. I'm totaly confident of that.

There is a reason right there for those so-called fans that are wondering why they should stick with this team. Which come to think of it, if you are a real fan, why should you need a reason to "stick with your team". That right there tells me you are only a fair-weather fan to begin with.

Sheethead, you know you will still be looking at the box score and if the Brewers win a few you will be right there. It is not fans like you that I am talking about, it is the fans that say "at least the Packers are starting" that really tick me off.

People deal with disappointment in different ways. You choose to isolate yourself from your emotions by taking a break from the team. I wish I could do that. I am not nearly as bad game to game as I used to be, but last night was the culmination of frustration with my tirade and it won't happen again (or at least my wife hopes http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )

In the back of your mind, you still think that there is a glimmer of hope for the Brewers to make the playoffs (whether you want to admit it or not) and that is what classifies you as a true fan.

Well said from one of the youngest posters here. As one of the, or maybe the oldest, Milwaukee baseball has been my number one sport over 50 years, except the 4 where it wasn't possible. There should be no litmus test here but even among the staff there are those for whom the Brewers are their 5th or 6th favorite sports team. Don't understand either why some are surprised that the diehards are still watching the games to the end rather than switching over to watch something else. Again the Brewers don't have to be number one for everyone here, but I'm getting tired of all the posts that things will be ok because football starts soon. That doesn't do anything for me and probably a good number here.

Anyway, looking forward to sitting in the lower level for the first time ever Friday night and getting my stacking dolls Sunday as well as enjoying the game.

I been a brewer fan for over 30 years living In NY and will always be a Fan of This team.But Geez this team has gotten me so angry and frustrated that i can"t watch them any more because they get me sick and i just lose it watching them. I was better able to watch them when they lost 106 games in 2002.

I will be a brewer fan again next year in hope that this team can learn from theie mistakes this season.

"....says the guy with a Cardinal in his avatar."

Perfectly played, Burnie! http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/laugh.gif

4 valid questions are begged, BillyHallFan, my steadfast Brewer die-hard friend:

1) Why DOES your avatar feature a picture of, of all teams, a St. Louis Cardinal?

2) And why Chris Duncan?

3) While we're at it, why not a Brewer?

4) And given your forum title, was a Billy Hall bitmap not available?

I'm sure we're not the only ones wondering!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

ok, first off, I love Chris Duncan, the only way he wouldn't be one of my favorite players is if he was a Cub or a Yankee. I was at Miller Park on august 15th, and Duncan was putting on a show in bp, then on the 16th, he signed a ball for me outside when he came out of the taxi, just a great guy, great player, and no matter what team he plays for, I like him. I was getting rid of my hall pictures in an effort to get him out of a slump, that hasn't worked.

1. because i like the player, not the team

2. I explained that above

3. it could be a brewer, but I am also a fan of good baseball, I am a die hard brewer fan, but does that mean that I can't like other players, like Mauer, Guerrero or Duncan?

4. I explained that above, it didn't work.

Anyway, I am just glad that not everyone has jumped ship, I'll be there night in, night out, go crew go, and "theavrock," I think I found a new signature, now if I can figure out this yuku stuff, i'll try and get it in there.

Archived